website statistics

Boxing IOC Olympic Qualifier 1 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

20 minutes ago, dodge said:

Home town bias :raspberry:

:lol:

of course I couldn't watch many fights since the early days had no coverage and in the previous days I didn't follow the action very closely, but for what I've seen Today, the only score that might have gone the other way round was the 2nd round of Charaabi's match vs the Korean IM (and it could have been a decisive factor, we will never know)

Mesiano, Carini and Lenzi were clearly better than their opponents

on the other hand, I saw more than one very controversial score in other fights...some were just made useless by the other judges, who saved the deserving winner, but not all the fighters were so lucky (Grainne Walsh, the first that comes to my mind) :facepalm:

Quotas Tournament Qualification olympic Games 01

- 51  Kg Men's

:CUB :AZE :PUR :KAZ

- 57 Kg Men's

:IRL :BRA :COL :KAZ

- 63 Kg Men's

:JOR :TJK :VEN :UZB

- 71 Kg Men's

:UZB :USA :KAZ :BUL

- 80 Kg Men's

:UZB :KAZ :HUN :TUR

- 92 Kg Men's

:ESP :UZB :KAZ :GBR

+ 92 Kg Men's

:GER :FRA :ITA :NOR

- 50 Kg Women's

:GER :UZB :PHI :COL

- 54 Kg Women's

:SRB :THA :ITA :VIE

- 57 Kg Women's

:PHI :POL

- 60 Kg Women's

:KOS :NED :ITA

- 66Kg Women's

:ITA :DOM :POL :TPE

- 75Kg Women's

:GBR :NOR :IOC :POL

Edited by Benolympique

49 minutes ago, Bulgaria87 said:

Finally a quota for Bulgaria from this Olympic qualification won by Rami Kiwan :BUL:clap:

Saving grace in the end, but overall a disappointing tournament. We could have gotten 3-4 more quotas.

All 3 women had their chances. Nwamerue was stupidly injured by her opponent, Mehmedova lost to the eventual finalist from NED, and i don't know what happened with Chukanova today.

On the men, Rado Rosenov was also unfortunately cut in his match and the referee had to stop it. And at +92 Morejon got a very bad draw and lost to this new French guy, that won the quota. Frustrating because Lenzi got a quota today, when Morejon had easily dispatched him at the European Games.. Brackets will play a big factor in the final Qualifier.

Overall, 31 nations qualified at least one quota. Here are the distribution:

5 Quotas

:KAZ:UZB 

4 Quotas

:ITA

3 Quotas

:POL 

2 Quotas

:COL:GER:GBR:NOR:PHI 

1 Quota

:AZE:BRA:BUL:TPE:CUB:DOM:FRA:HUN:IRL:JOR:KOS:NED:PUR:IOC:SRB:ESP:TJK:THA:TUR:USA:VEN:VIE 

Quite well distributed. As expected, Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan made up for their poor performance at the Asian qualifier.