website statistics

Women's Basketball FIBA Olympic Qualification Tournaments 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

26 minutes ago, LDOG said:

It's called "reverse jinxing", a well known trick in some parts of the world.

I am to old to do that staff. Plus, i dont mind losing games as i used to, to use anything like that. Its simple, worse team loses and thats it.

Brazil lost 5 points vs Australia, same team that destroyed Germany, who easily won over Serbia. 

Brazil played better, thats it.

That trick, as you call it, is universal, not "in some parts of the world", btw. 

27 minutes ago, Josh said:

Why would he be reverse jinxing Serbia, isn’t he from Montenegro?

I am from Montenegro but from the start of forum i follow Serbian teams. Actually, both teams but nowadays i write only on Serbian club. Used to write about Montenegrin sports before forum crashed but as only member from :MNE it wasnt fruitful. 

2 hours ago, ChandlerMne said:

I am to old to do that staff. Plus, i dont mind losing games as i used to, to use anything like that. Its simple, worse team loses and thats it.

Brazil lost 5 points vs Australia, same team that destroyed Germany, who easily won over Serbia. 

Brazil played better, thats it.

That trick, as you call it, is universal, not "in some parts of the world", btw. 

You have to keep in mind that Germany played without their 2 best players against Australia and that even before the start of the tournament the plan was to save energy against Australia in order to be fully fit for the match against Brazil.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

What happens if Brazil wins by 7 against Germany?

I think that Brazil will win against Germany, but not sure by how much. Germany not qualifying would be a huge blow, given that they could have won by 15-20 points against Serbia and probably have more upside for Paris (given the age of their best players) than many other teams.

Edit: Don't see Serbia beating Australia, but we will see.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.