website statistics

Shooting ASC Rifle & Pistol Asian Championships 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

well I was hoping for someone else to win a quota but OK it's better than nothing, Amini broke the curse at least :d

Iran has a history of sending the exact same shooter to the Olympics but I really hope they change the tradition this time

7 hours ago, MHSN said:

well I was hoping for someone else to win a quota but OK it's better than nothing, Amini broke the curse at least :d

Iran has a history of sending the exact same shooter to the Olympics but I really hope they change the tradition this time

Is there any selection policy for olympic selection like ind chn have ? Or whoever wins oly will go for olympic 

7 hours ago, MHSN said:

IRAN not winning qouta in air pistol is Very surprising for me . Javad case understable but what others are doing. I remember someone has won world cup gold in baku last yr .

1 hour ago, Prakash_k said:

Is there any selection policy for olympic selection like ind chn have ? Or whoever wins oly will go for olympic 

Obviously we don't have the depth of China and India to have a long and complicated selection policy :p I don't even know what was their policy for this tournament, because for example Najmeh Khedmati won the nationals few days ago in this event but yet they registered her as RPO and she couldn't shoot in the final despite her very good qualification result. :dunno:

actually I can't remember they ever publish a policy. I remember before Tokyo they said they will send the most in-form shooter but at the end they sent exactly the same team (whoever wins the quota) I assume that's just easier for them. if athlete A won the quota and they send someone else, there will be lots of protests from "A" and his/her province officials. 

1 hour ago, Prakash_k said:

IRAN not winning qouta in air pistol is Very surprising for me . Javad case understable but what others are doing. I remember someone has won world cup gold in baku last yr .

obviously our shooting is not doing well, 2023 was a complete disaster with no quota at the Asian Champs and just 1 bronze at the Asian Games. lack of money is the main issue, in this sport you need more international competition and Iran doesn't participate in non olympic qualification events. also I don't think the current coaches are good enough.

yet Iran was close to win the quota few times, the guy you mentioned Pourhosseini narrowly missed the quota here finishing 4th :cry: Foroughi himself missed the final by the narrowest possible margin. I mean it was badluck too.

Men Team 10m Air Rifle Final

1. :KOR Korea 1889.9

2. :CHN China 1889.3

3. :IND India 1885.3

Women Team 10m Air Rifle Final

1. :IND India 1897.2

2. :SGP Singapore 1881.9

3. :IRI Iran 1880.8