website statistics

Athletics 2024 Discussion Thread

Totallympics

46 minutes ago, Swewi said:

14 men achieved the olympic standard in discus and 8 of them with results from this competition:lol:

To be fair, not quite. Mullings and Percy got their standards last week. Though it seems to have been in the same stadium. :p

And out of the remaining six Alekna and Rose already had the standard. They just improved on it.

So it were "just" 4 new athletes from this competition with the standard. Still 4/14 is quite some quota as well.

The crying on instagram from what i percieve to mostly be Americans is absolute comedy gold,OH BOOOHOO,he didn't do it to your liking,too bad,so sad,maybe your throws coaches instead of making your discus throwers bodybiulders,could work on making sure they don't get injured every few years,and actually work on technique.

18 hours ago, Swewi said:

Interesting about the previous discus world record holder is that Shult only threw over 70m one other time in his career

yep,the drugs didn't really do much for him in terms of big number of huge throws.He still did great as far as competiton results after the berlin wall came down  ,a rarity among east germans,and he wasted no time in congratulating Mykolas publically on instagram.

Just seen that Mika sosna has stated there was no tornado during the Ramona throws competiion,which i mean,facts.Awesome,love it,slap everyone in the face,already liked him as a competitor,now i really hope he makes it to Paris.