website statistics

Swimming at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

DaniSRB

I knew Oleksiak was good from her performance in the trials. "Maybe a relay medal and an individual medal if she's lucky and she'll be great in 2020" good. I never expected her to do so well. She's exceded all expectations, and she still has the medley relay left (and at this point, who knows what Canada will do).

Simone Manuel also swam way over expectation. Such an unlikely result, this was a race for the ages.

Oleksiak

Masse

Nicol

Ruck/Van Landeghem

Our medley relay team suddenly has a big chance. If they medal again it would be 5 in as many events for Penny. But regardless of how amazing she is, without those other girls she would be in Hosszu's position with no relay medals

56 minutes ago, juddy96 said:

Oleksiak

Masse

Nicol

Ruck/Van Landeghem

Our medley relay team suddenly has a big chance. If they medal again it would be 5 in as many events for Penny. But regardless of how amazing she is, without those other girls she would be in Hosszu's position with no relay medals

Is that what Canada's going to do? I wouldn't be surprised if Savard or Thomas swims the fly and Oleksiak swims the free just to have her on the last leg.

Just now, james89 said:

Is that what Canada's going to do? I wouldn't be surprised if Savard or Thomas swims the fly and Oleksiak swims the free just to have her on the last leg.

Not worth it, Oleksiak is a bigger difference compared to Savard or Thomas on Fly than Ruck or Van Landeghem on Free

Thomas swam a 58.27 in Fly heats, Oleksiak swam 56.73, 57.10 and 56.46 in Heats, Semis, and Finals where she won silver

100m Freestyle Relay: Ruck swam 53.04 and 53.19 in heats and finals of Relay

Van Landeghem swam 52.90 and 53.12 in heats and finals of Relay, 53.89 and 54.00 in Heats and Semis of individual

Oleksiak swam 52.72 in finals of Relay, 53.53, 52.72, and 52.70 in Heats, Semis, and Finals of individual where she won gold

Edited by juddy96