website statistics

Biathlon IBU Cup 2023 - 2024

Totallympics

• 1 month later...

It happened in the Mixed and Single Mixed Relays again today.  Lots of lapped teams.  There were 9 teams lapped in the Single Mixed relay, including four who did not get off their first biathlete.  How in the world is Brazil going to be able to compete Erdal?  The mixed relay had 8 of the 19 get lapped.  5 teams did not get off the women.  I know I have ranted about this before, but if the IBU Cup is about development, don't pull people out after they are lapped.   

1 hour ago, RobtheAggie said:

if the IBU Cup is about development, don't pull people out after they are lapped.   

Or find a way to split the race into two divisions…

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, RobtheAggie said:

It happened in the Mixed and Single Mixed Relays again today.  Lots of lapped teams.  There were 9 teams lapped in the Single Mixed relay, including four who did not get off their first biathlete.  How in the world is Brazil going to be able to compete Erdal?  The mixed relay had 8 of the 19 get lapped.  5 teams did not get off the women.  I know I have ranted about this before, but if the IBU Cup is about development, don't pull people out after they are lapped.   

Or make :NOR ski double distance!  :banana: