website statistics

Biathlon IBU Cup 2023 - 2024

Totallympics

• 1 month later...

I'm quite sure IBU Cups were streamed last season, but I forgot where...Eurovisionsports? That's not having anything available for today it seems... :( 

Edit: never mind, it's there, starting in a few minutes actually :hyper: 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

48 minutes ago, Biathlonfan said:

I did not see that performance from Lidija coming:yikes:,i'm stunned in the best way.I hope this means she's got the world cup qualfication now.

She did it.

Wow, and in - as far as I can see - her very first IBU-level competition on snow :yikes: 

Feels like one of the best Lithuanian female performances in quite a while I think?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

47 minutes ago, RobtheAggie said:

Women's 15km

image.png

Good to see China back.  

And Daria Virolainen for the first time since 2017/18. I've read about her a few times since, but forgot what happened :p 

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Wow, and in - as far as I can see - her very first IBU-level competition on snow :yikes: 

Feels like one of the best Lithuanian female performances in quite a while I think?

She was supposed to compete in the ibu cup last year but got injured right before that start

There was an individual race 19 place finish by a female who's retired now,but yes other than that absolutely one of the best Lithuanian female performances in a long long time.:clap:

Edited by Biathlonfan

Only 9 of the 22 teams finished the Mixed Relay.  22-15 were lapped prior to the men skiing.  I wish on the IBU Cup being lapped in the relay did not force you to be removed.  How can the later biathletes ever get a chance to develop.  I can see a similar thing happening in the single-mixed in a few minutes.

The single-mixed saw 23 teams start.

2 were lapped prior to the first exchange and one pulled out.

1 more was lapped prior to exchange 2.

4 more prior to Exchange 3.

I know I sound like a bad record, but how does this help develop the depth and experience needed.  I know there are technical issues with changes the targets, but there should be a way to figure this out.