website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Cup 2023 - 2024

Totallympics

Absolutely shocked by Grotian's development. Not sure what happened during the summer, but her off-season must have been horrible. She can't even dominate at IBU cup level. Normally she should completely destroy a mediocre talent like Ida Lien.

Hopefully Tannheimer will do better at world cup level than Grotian.

For the next world cup station i would like the following german teams:

Women: Preuß, Hettich-Walz, Tannheimer, 3 out of Kebinger/Voigt/Schneider/Grotian

Men: Doll, Nawrath, Horn, Kühn, Riethmüller, Fratzscher/Kaiser

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Crazy how much depth Norway has on the men's side. I think the following guys from IBU cup could all immidiately fight for the top 10 at world cup level:

Frey (born 2003)

Nevland (born 2001)

Uldal (born 2001)

Oeverby (born 2000)

Botn (born 1999)

Soerum (born 1998)

It will be really difficult for their younger guys (who currently compete in the junior cup) to even make it to the IBU cup.

Riethmüller (born 1999) from Germany and Müllauer (born 2003) from Austria are also very promising. Hopefully they will soon get a chance.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

1 hour ago, Swewi said:

Sweden (without Hanna Öberg) and Germany almost perfect relays, still beaten by France (without Chevalier Bouchet)

But most chocking - Norway 10th! :yikes:

Chevalier-Bouchet is retired so :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, OlympicsFan said:

Absolutely shocked by Grotian's development. Not sure what happened during the summer, but her off-season must have been horrible. She can't even dominate at IBU cup level.

Or each progression has its own rhythm. In the very next post you're displaying Riethmüller as "very promising". You'd have called him a complete bust, a waste of talent, a product of German auto-destruction factory a year or so ago when he seemed to have lost his way

2 hours ago, SalamAkhi said:

Or each progression has its own rhythm. In the very next post you're displaying Riethmüller as "very promising". You'd have called him a complete bust, a waste of talent, a product of German auto-destruction factory a year or so ago when he seemed to have lost his way

1) What exactly is the point of your comment? You can't expect me to lead a discussion in good faith with you after you come in putting words in my mouth in order to frame me. With this childish behavior you shouldn't bother to answer me in the future.

2) Your argument about Grotian obviously doesn't make sense. Grotian at 19 is now slower than she was last year with 18, this isn't "developing at different speeds" it is "regressing", which absoutely shouldn't be seen as normal for someone of her age.

February 28th, 2021

Edited by OlympicsFan

On 1/10/2024 at 8:07 PM, OlympicsFan said:

1) What exactly is the point of your comment? You can't expect me to lead a discussion in good faith with you after you come in putting words in my mouth in order to frame me. With this childish behavior you shouldn't bother to answer me in the future.

That is quite clear. Riethmüller was a very promising junior, then took a lot of time to find his way. Don't try to tell me you would have deemed him as "very promising" two years ago. Looking at his junior career your analysis would have been "why is this guy so far from the promises he once shown". That's exactly the point with Grotian. Things are not linear.

On 1/10/2024 at 8:07 PM, OlympicsFan said:

2) Your argument about Grotian obviously doesn't make sense. Grotian at 19 is now slower than she was last year with 18, this isn't "developing at different speeds" it is "regressing", which absoutely shouldn't be seen as normal for someone of her age.

And how exactly do you manage to actually assess this "regression" ? 

She's not dominating the WC charts but still register top-20 ski times regularly, nothing last year ensured us she would match with the fastest girls as of yet. Again, we could expect it but not consider it done. 

In fact, if we compare apples and apples (IBU Cup Ridnaun Sprints) between 2023/23 and 23/24, we can see that she was 21st on the track last year, 11th this year, with a fall. Take it as you wish.

3 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

:USA Got the possibility of medals in the mixed relays now.

I won't be gaslight like this :spank:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela