website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

6 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Any clue as to what the Russia word is? Does the number 3 mean anything? 

There’s also a pin on the side that depicts a “Viking” ship with the word Novgorod going vertical, and with what looks like an old Norwegian word going horizontal.

Isn't it just Novgorod in other letters (cyrillic?).

Just now, Agger said:

Isn't it just Novgorod in other letters (cyrillic?).

It could be Cyrillic, but it looks modified from the Cyrillic I’m familiar with (which is very little obviously).

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

12 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Any clue as to what the Russia word is? Does the number 3 mean anything? 

Yes, it is like a level of a person in this sport. For example if you reached some amateur result you achieved third sport category (РАЗРЯД) in this sport. 3rd or in some sport 4th is the lowest level. But 1st is not a peak after that there are some unnumbered ranks — those are more for professionals athletes.

14 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Here’s some writing from the inside of the cap:274DD920-7217-4109-AB98-41F0E66019E2.jpeg

What about this @Dmitry? I’m assuming it just says “property of USSR” or “made in USSR” or something?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 minutes ago, Dmitry said:

Yes, it is like a level of a person in this sport. For example if you reached some amateur result you achieved third sport category (РАЗРЯД) in this sport. 3rd or in some sport 4th is the lowest level. But 1st is not a peak after that there are some unnumbered ranks — those are more for professionals athletes.

Oh, cool. So the 1 and 2 Athletics pins would have been mid/high level recreational?  

There’s also a football pin with “футбол” (I think) on it. I’m assuming that just says “Football” or something.

The random Ski Jumping pin is also a weird addition. The pin reads “VIII зимова спартакlада УРСР”

7 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

What about this @Dmitry? I’m assuming it just says “property of USSR” or “made in USSR” or something?

Information about sewing factory in Knyaginino, Nizhny Novgorod Oblast. Looks like it is still working.

Size 56

85 I think it is a year

4 minutes ago, Dmitry said:

Information about sewing factory in Knyaginino, Nizhny Novgorod Oblast. Looks like it is still working.

Size 56

85 I think it is a year

Yeah it seemed quite small, would size 56 be a “junior/youth” size?

15 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Oh, cool. So the 1 and 2 Athletics pins would have been mid/high level recreational?  

There’s also a football pin with “футбол” (I think) on it. I’m assuming that just says “Football” or something.

The random Ski Jumping pin is also a weird addition. The pin reads “VIII зимова спартакlада УРСР”

For example now to take 1 category for men in 800 m need to reach 2:01.0. But those pins looks like a Soviet

Yes. "футбол" is just a football.

“VIII зимова спартакlада УРСР” is in Ukranian. VIII Winter Spartakiad of Ukranian SSR.

Edited by Dmitry

3 minutes ago, Dmitry said:

For example now to take 1 category for men in 800 m need to reach 2:01.0. But those pins looks like a Soviet

Yes. "футбол" is just a football.

“VIII зимова спартакlада УРСР” is in Ukranian. VIII Winter Spartakiad of Ukranian SSR.

It gets cooler and cooler. Thanks for the help, sorry to bug. 

The Spartakiad pin will definitely be joining my budding collection of international sports pins (that I intend to get started on the this summer)