website statistics

Men's Cricket ICC World Cup 2023

Totallympics

right now, instead, :AUS are not getting too many wickets (only 2) vs :AFG, but they're keeping the score of the Asian team very low (run rate below 5 after 30 overs)

if :AFG don't raise their batting, it would be an easy chase for :AUS in the 2nd inning

p.s. @hckošice I don't know if you're somehow following this event, but one of the best (if not the best) Australian bowler is named Adam Zampa :evil: :lol:

by the way, good final stint for :AFG in the 1st inning, led by an amazing century (129 out of 143 balls, not out) posted by Ibarahim Zadran

finally, :AFG scored 291/5 in 50 overs, giving :AUS quite a difficult task (not that they can't complete this chase, though...let's see how the :AFG bowlers feel tonight...they need a good start to fuel their hope)

and as I'm writing, what a start of 2nd inning!

first ball is a 4 for :AUS, then Mujeeb almost got Warner on the 2nd ball...if they keep this pace of action, they're all dead by the 20th over :lol: :p

I'm watching this AFG/AUS match on a Afghan TV (and they are showing commercials after every single stop :d)

Cricket is probably the thing that everybody in Afghanistan likes, even those Taliban Neanderthals.

I think they already made history by winning 4 matches but I hope they continue their dream run today and even advance to the SF. people in that country suffered (and still suffering) enough, they deserved a bit of happiness at least.

I still can't believe the story of cricket in Aghanistan.

I think I mentioned before that the sport literally did not exist in the country until the Soviet invasion in 1979.

The love for cricket was learned in refugee camps in Pakistan in the 1980s and 90s.

The national team has only existed since 2001.