website statistics

Summer World University Games 2021 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

18 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Silver for :BRU

Their first ever medal at the World University Games! 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

Double 4th for Yun :KOR :(

:CHN with yet another gold in wushu. :MAC with a nice silver, but he was a little over scored in my opinion (which shouldn’t matter that much as I know almost nothing about wushu).

:INA was unhappy with men's changquan silver,  :CHN looked wobbly in some parts. Even bronze medalist :TPE is better imo

:IND and :KOR have to be just about tired of facing each other in archery medal matches :p

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

:INA winning gold in Unversiade (plus the presence of the president at the OC) increased interest in this event. Friends asked me for streams of this event.

But one downside: Some people freaking out when they found out Gaudeamus Igitur is played instead of the Indonesian national anthem :p (One even alleged it was Chinese anthem - how great is Sinophobia in this country)

14 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

:INA winning gold in Unversiade (plus the presence of the president at the OC) increased interest in this event. Friends asked me for streams of this event.

But one downside: Some people freaking out when they found out Gaudeamus Igitur is played instead of the Indonesian national anthem :p (One even alleged it was Chinese anthem - how great is Sinophobia in this country)

Imagine how much the organisers save by playing just that one song at the medal ceremonies. They don’t have to keep the recordings of over 100 national anthems on hand. Plus they won’t make the mistake of playing the wrong anthem. :d

Anybody know where I can find a replay of yesterday’s judo/wushu finals? FISU.TV is being a little slow with the replay uploads (and Olympic Channel didn’t broadcast those sports).

7 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Anybody know where I can find a replay of yesterday’s judo/wushu finals? FISU.TV is being a little slow with the replay uploads (and Olympic Channel didn’t broadcast those sports).

Well sadly, we have to wait and see...

Just now, Griff88 said:

Well sadly, we have to wait and see...

I’ve mostly avoided spoilers (except yours :p), but I’d prefer to leave my cone of silence so I can discuss the Games.