website statistics

Pan American Games 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Sweet moment as Varas :CHI guarantees a medal in women’s jump, and swims over to the shore to get an embrace from her family :wub:

These Games clearly have a meaning to many athletes.

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Sophia Hernandez (:GUA) qualifies for Paris 2024 in Modern Pentatlhon Women after winning bronze! First time for a Guatemalan woman to win in this event.

Another medal secured for (:GUA) in Doubles Men Badminton, second time Guatemala wins a medal in this event.

4 hours ago, JoshMartini007 said:

I suspect with the host nation boost, Chile will be competing with the likes of Argentina, Colombia and Cuba. If not, they should still finish solidly in the top 10.

While swimming appears to be a diverse sport given that most nations compete in it, in reality only a handful of nations excel in it. Currently only 5/45 (11%) of medals were won by non-USA/Brazil/Canada nations. In 2019, it was 21/114 (18%) and Argentina accounted for 10 of them. So unless you are planning to compete with Brazil/Canada you don't really need a good swim team to excel.

that's it, I think there is no plan to develop swimming as much as I would like

10 minutes ago, Fer GUA said:

Bolivia :BOL gold and silver in Racquetball Singles Men as the two athletes defeated both Mexicans at Semifinals.

Only 2nd gold medal for Bolivia in Pan American Games. Congrats!

they are sooo good at that sport :O ... congratz for them!!!

----------------

We conquer our second gold :D!!! They are not easy at all this year :P 

:CHI gets their second gold medal of the Games in water skiing. Ritter nearly jumped out of the marked scoring area. It was still a close battle at the top though.

Slalom is generally considered the “big” event I believe, but I always enjoy watching the jump competitions at The World Games and Pan American Games.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

The “foot pass” in water ski tricks is wild. I can’t even imagine how much skill that takes.

Me today watching our rowing:

Well, in 5 finals, at least can be one gold

Two finals without medals after.........well, it can be a podium although it wont be gold

Two finals without medals after..........ok, it wont be medals, at least can i pretend to be the boat in the tv screen to the end?

After the next final with a fourth place very behind the third and not in the TV screen:   mother fu.......!!