website statistics

Which Sports Events are you Currently Watching?

dcro

25 minutes ago, Josh said:

You watch wheelchair curling? Thought I was the only one :d

Yes I love both curling and wheelchair curling. The former is under pay wall so I'm not bothered to pay for it so I watch this. Exciting semi finals action though I'd have preferred it to have these semis and finals on weekends rather today. 

Dual moguls WC, men’s freestyle skiing slopestyle WC, short track speed skating Worlds, and ski cross WC all on at the same time pretty much:facepalm::hairpull::(

And worst of all, I can’t decide which one I want to watch. I’m thinking I’ll skip the ski cross WC (at least this week) as there’s still races after today, and the Short Track Speed Skating WC Day 1 Finals. I think I’ll watch the season finale in men’s freestyle skiing slopestyle, then an hour and a half later open another device to watch the dual moguls season finale. 

For today, after watching Day 2 Asian Taekwondo Olympic Qualification Tournament, I was going to watch Day 1 of the Women’s Ski Flying WC but it got cancelled due to weather conditions. Now a break until the women’s freestyle skiing slopestyle WC final at 3:00, and then as mentioned at 5:30 and 6:30 the season finales in men’s freestyle skiing slopestyle and dual moguls. At 10:00, Hasselborg v. Homan at the Women’s Curling World Championships, at 1:30 onwards Alcaraz v. Sinner and Paul v. Medvedev. Finally at 7:00, some NHL action as Canucks play the Capitals. 

All-England Open semifinals in badminton possibly depending on the schedule. 

Won’t be able to watch Eczacibasi, or the snowboard cross WC either. 

You may ask how I do this. And well the answer is I don’t. Normally by 5:00 I get really tired, sometimes I fall asleep and other times the event is so exciting that I can’t. My sleep schedule isn’t very healthy but well I can’t miss any of my favourite events live so I don’t really have much of a choice. 

Edited by Josh

Big slate of sports on this week to watch/follow along with!

Snowboarding (men’s/women’s slopestyle WCs in Silvapana on @ 1:00 PST, men’s/women’s snowboard cross WCs in Mont St Anne @ 9:00 PST, men’s/women’s snowboard cross WCs in Mont St Anne @ 9:00 PST on March 24), Freestyle Skiing (men’s/women’s ski cross WCs in Idre Fjall @ 4:00 PST, women’s slopestyle WC in Silvapana @ 3:00 PST on March 24, men’s slopestyle WC in Silvapana @ 5:00 PST on March 24), Wheelchair Rugby (Paralympic World Qualifier, only the gold medal match between Australia and Canada @ 22:25 PST due to time constraints), NHL (all Canucks games), Tennis (Miami Open), club season volleyballCurling (semifinal against Sweden/South Korea @ 15:00 PST, bronze medal match @ 7:00 PST and gold medal match @ 13:00 PST)

I’ll also be following along with the results in the following sports: Judo (Grand Slam Tbilisi), Badminton (Swiss Open), Weightlifting (Phuket WC), Fencing (Men’s Sabre WC Budapest, Women’s Epee WC Nanjing, Men’s Epee WC Tbilisi), Swimming (Giant Series Meet and the remainder of the Japanese Swim Trials), Alpine Skiing (remaining WCs), Diving (Berlin WC), Open Water Swimming (Soma Bay WC), Figure Skating (World Championships), Bobsleigh (Lake Placid WC), Beach Volleyball (Recife Challenge)

But NOTHING to me is more exciting than going to my first (of many hopefully) ever NHL game :cheer::cheer: as the Canucks take on the Kings on Monday! I’m fucking stoked.:woohoo:

@hckošice @Topicmaster1010

44 minutes ago, Josh said:

Big slate of sports on this week to watch/follow along with!

Snowboarding (men’s/women’s slopestyle WCs in Silvapana on @ 1:00 PST, men’s/women’s snowboard cross WCs in Mont St Anne @ 9:00 PST, men’s/women’s snowboard cross WCs in Mont St Anne @ 9:00 PST on March 24), Freestyle Skiing (men’s/women’s ski cross WCs in Idre Fjall @ 4:00 PST, women’s slopestyle WC in Silvapana @ 3:00 PST on March 24, men’s slopestyle WC in Silvapana @ 5:00 PST on March 24), Wheelchair Rugby (Paralympic World Qualifier, only the gold medal match between Australia and Canada @ 22:25 PST due to time constraints), NHL (all Canucks games), Tennis (Miami Open), club season volleyballCurling (semifinal against Sweden/South Korea @ 15:00 PST, bronze medal match @ 7:00 PST and gold medal match @ 13:00 PST)

I’ll also be following along with the results in the following sports: Judo (Grand Slam Tbilisi), Badminton (Swiss Open), Weightlifting (Phuket WC), Fencing (Men’s Sabre WC Budapest, Women’s Epee WC Nanjing, Men’s Epee WC Tbilisi), Swimming (Giant Series Meet and the remainder of the Japanese Swim Trials), Alpine Skiing (remaining WCs), Diving (Berlin WC), Open Water Swimming (Soma Bay WC), Figure Skating (World Championships), Bobsleigh (Lake Placid WC), Beach Volleyball (Recife Challenge)

But NOTHING to me is more exciting than going to my first (of many hopefully) ever NHL game :cheer::cheer: as the Canucks take on the Kings on Monday! I’m fucking stoked.:woohoo:

@hckošice @Topicmaster1010

Also will be following along with ski jumping WC results :d

Right now it's this morning's F3 from Australia. As for this weekend:

F1, F2, F3

MotoGP, Moto2, Moto3

World Superbike, World Supersport, World Supersport 300

Ski jumping, ski flying, alpine skiing, bobsleigh, ski cross, snowboard cross

IndyCar, NASCAR

Gent-Wevelgem

Mostly that, I think.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

12 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Right now it's this morning's F3 from Australia. As for this weekend:

F1, F2, F3

MotoGP, Moto2, Moto3

World Superbike, World Supersport, World Supersport 300

Ski jumping, ski flying, alpine skiing, bobsleigh, ski cross, snowboard cross

IndyCar, NASCAR

Gent-Wevelgem

Mostly that, I think.

Alpine skiing, sure.

But for the other winter sports, I have to say I’m surprised. I didn’t know that you watched bobsleigh/ski jumping/ski & snowboard cross :yikes::yikes:

9 minutes ago, Josh said:

Alpine skiing, sure.

But for the other winter sports, I have to say I’m surprised. I didn’t know that you watched bobsleigh/ski jumping/ski & snowboard cross :yikes::yikes:

I definitely do! Quite a lot of them I watch a bit later (often later on the day, sometimes a day or two later), so I don't really get to posting about it in the threads during the live competitions :p 

Biathlon, cross-country skiing, alpine skiing, ski jumping, bobsleigh, skeleton, luge, ski & snowboard cross, speed skating and short track are the winter sports I definitely follow and watch every main competition of (World Cups, in the case of biathlon also IBU Cups and for speed skating of course also national championships). The freestyle stuff....nah, I just can't be bothered, and I find it beyond annoying that skicross is part of freestyle skiing :p 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, Josh said:

Wow, that´s super cool. I envy you haha :d It was always my dream, hopefully I will fulfill one day, maybe this fall (4 & 5th October) when the NJ Devils will play Buffalo in Prague (I guess, it will hardly come closer to me than this :p) but the announced ticket prices from 200 EUR may be a bit too expensive (but I´ll see, who knows it may be a sole lifetime opportunity -- so time to start saving up...)