website statistics

Which Sports Events are you Currently Watching?

dcro

17 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Wow, that´s super cool. I envy you haha :d It was always my dream, hopefully I will fulfill one day, maybe this fall (4 & 5th October) when the NJ Devils will play Buffalo in Prague (I guess, it will hardly come closer to me than this :p) but the announced ticket prices from 200 EUR may be a bit too expensive (but I´ll see, who knows it may be a sole lifetime opportunity -- so time to start saving up...)

Can't see your finances, but if like you said it may be a once in a lifetime opportunity....yeah, no way I would not save up bit by bit. Still a half year to go, so let's say 30-40 EUR per month and you'll be fine :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Slightly less busy schedule than usual (mind you still a lot) with Curling (Men’s World Championships), Tennis (Miami Open), NHL (all Canucks games), club season volleyball, and Swimming (British Olympic Trials), Fencing (Pan American Olympic Qualifier, Sitting Volleyball (World Paralympic Qualifier), Football (She Believes Cup), Hockey (Women’s World Championships, and any random athletics meets that I come across. 

I’ll also be following along with results in Beach Volleyball (Saquarema Challenge), Badminton (Madrid Masters), Weightlifting (Grand Prix Phuket, aka the final event to add points towards your Olympic Ranking), Shooting (Pan American Rifle & Pistol Championships), Track Cycling (Pan American Championships), Judo (Grand Slam Antalya), and Table Tennis (WTT Champions Incheon)

Edited by Josh

Here it's going to be one of the quietest sports weekends of the year, since it's the switch from winter to summer sports basically :d  (in November there's usually a weekend like that too, the other way around)

All winter sports I can or want to watch have finishes, there's no F1, MotoGP, WSBK or IndyCar. Main things are problably Formula E in Tokyo (which is finished by the time Saturday gets underway) and of course Sunday is the number one sit on the sofa and shut up day of the year, the High Mass, Flander's Most Beautiful, Tour of Flanders :woohoo: 

Some small stuff around it, like a bit of darts and some junior racing, but that's about it. Oh, and of course rowing on Sunday, The Boat Race :cheer:

Perfect weekend to catch up with lots of stuff, with Saturday and Sunday being fairly quiet (or easy '1 at a time' days) and Monday being a free day because of someone dying 2000 years ago :d 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

24 minutes ago, Josh said:

Slightly less busy schedule than usual (mind you still a lot) with Curling (Men’s World Championships), Tennis (Miami Open), NHL (all Canucks games), club season volleyball, and Swimming (British Olympic Trials), Fencing (Pan American Olympic Qualifier, Hockey (Women’s World Championships, and any random athletics meets that I come across. 

I’ll also be following along with results in Beach Volleyball (Saquarema Challenge), Badminton (Madrid Masters), Weightlifting (Grand Prix Phuket, aka the final event to add points towards your Olympic Ranking), Shooting (Pan American Rifle & Pistol Championships), Judo (Grand Slam Antalya), and Table Tennis (WTT Champions Incheon)

Also the Cross-Country Championships, and the She Believes Cup (football, only for pre-Olympic purposes however)

Can’t believe I forgot about either :facepalm:

Edited by Josh

4 minutes ago, Josh said:

Also the Cross-Country Championships, and the She Believes Cup (football, only for pre-Olympic purposes however)

Can’t believe I forgot about either :facepalm:

Ah yeah, cross-country here as well, and I'll keep an eye on the judo Grand Slam in Antalya (mostly that will consist of skipping through the medal matches to see if anything interesting happens, I can't bring myself to watch 7 hours of judo in a weekend :p).

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Ah yeah, cross-country here as well, and I'll keep an eye on the judo Grand Slam in Antalya (mostly that will consist of skipping through the medal matches to see if anything interesting happens, I can't bring myself to watch 7 hours of judo in a weekend :p).

I feel the same way about judo. Although for me, if any Canadians advance to the repechage stages or further (highly likely) I’ll probably watch their bouts. Of course it also depends on what else is on :d

54 minutes ago, Josh said:

I feel the same way about judo. Although for me, if any Canadians advance to the repechage stages or further (highly likely) I’ll probably watch their bouts. Of course it also depends on what else is on :d

I can only watch the medal fights on-demand anyway (Eurosport), so for the rest I just go by the results. The medal fights with Dutch athletes I'll skip a bit less, depending on how it goes. If it's minute after minute of just standing around and trying to get a grip (which is the case in most judo medal fights sadly), I'll just skip bit by bit :p 

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Here it's going to be one of the quietest sports weekends of the year, since it's the switch from winter to summer sports basically :d  (in November there's usually a weekend like that too, the other way around)

All winter sports I can or want to watch have finishes, there's no F1, MotoGP, WSBK or IndyCar. Main things are problably Formula E in Tokyo (which is finished by the time Saturday gets underway) and of course Sunday is the number one sit on the sofa and shut up day of the year, the High Mass, Flander's Most Beautiful, Tour of Flanders :woohoo: 

Some small stuff around it, like a bit of darts and some junior racing, but that's about it. Oh, and of course rowing on Sunday, The Boat Race :cheer:

Perfect weekend to catch up with lots of stuff, with Saturday and Sunday being fairly quiet (or easy '1 at a time' days) and Monday being a free day because of someone dying 2000 years ago :d 

You're missing the Tour of Flanders x2!  :cycling:

44 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

You're missing the Tour of Flanders x2!  :cycling:

You might want to get some reading glasses, it's right in there :d