website statistics

Sport Events Cancelled due to Coronavirus Outbreak

up and down

11 minutes ago, phelps said:

I used to watch a few games when Fox Sports Europe was available (cracked) on satellite...

I know they have a nice app, but it's really expensive (and I already have many OTT service that I'm paying for nothing right now -MLB and NHL above all...NFL if they don't get back in September)...

This website gives free streaming - you have to subscribe but its free - of European lower-league games.  Video quality & comms are good.

https://www.rugby-league.com/our_league_free_membership

1 minute ago, Grassmarket said:

This website gives free streaming - you have to subscribe but its free - of European lower-league games.  Video quality & comms are good.

https://www.rugby-league.com/our_league_free_membership

thanks, but not being a hardcore fan of rugby in general, I'd rather watch the Australian NRL...

the other leagues are less attractive to me (especially if they are played in empty stadiums - I just can't watch games in realtively big stadiums with no audience on the stands and therefore no athmosphere all around)...

however, as I'm a curious man, I'm going to give it a look...just to know how it is...;)

NCAA March Madness is cancelled. Easily one of the 5 biggest sporting events in the United States. This will hurt the college sports industry for a long time to come.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

NCAA March Madness is cancelled. Easily one of the 5 biggest sporting events in the United States. This will hurt the college sports industry for a long time to come.

Yeah, all the women’s NCAA sports effectively exist only because of subsidies from college football & basketbal.

Just now, Grassmarket said:

Yeah, all the women’s NCAA sports effectively exist only because of subsidies from college football & basketbal.

Which is one of the biggest tells about the very real gender gaps in sport.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Federer91 said:

Nascar all the way :d

Which will have it's next two races without spectators :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

51 minutes ago, hckosice said:

After the EBEL League, German DEL league, Slovak Tipsport Extraliga also the national championships in :NOR:POL:SUI and :CZE are officially cancelled...

And the Netherlands.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Today I learned there apparently is a women's March Madness as well.