website statistics

[POLL] How was your 2019 speaking about Sports only?

vlad

[POLL] How was your 2019 speaking about Sports only?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. [POLL] How was your 2019 speaking about Sports only?

2 minutes ago, dcro said:

According to these polls, 2019 is trending to be much worse year for sports compared to 2018. :p

2018 was an Olympic year with a highly successful Asian Games and CAC Games. There weren’t too many world championships to focus on, and there weren’t a lot of events at the end of the year to taint people’s opinions.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

6 hours ago, Laraja said:

You have to agree that in this case you deserved. Being a Raiders fan is like enjoy sadomasoquism :lol:

I'm a Raiders fan too and guess what, we still have a shot at the playoffs (which would be another Chiefs blowout anyway) :lol:

53 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

2018 was an Olympic year with a highly successful Asian Games and CAC Games. There weren’t too many world championships to focus on, and there weren’t a lot of events at the end of the year to taint people’s opinions.

Still, we seem to be in a pretty good place when breakdancing and China getting host quotas are considered big problems.

#banbestmen

27 minutes ago, dcro said:

Still, we seem to be in a pretty good place when breakdancing and China getting host quotas are considered big problems.

And the Napoli 2019 website :p. Yeah I’d say this year wasn’t bad, it just wasn’t good either. I could have placed my vote as good or satisfactory, but I enjoyed all the multi-sports games this year, and so I went with good.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I honestly have no idea, so many things I forget during a year :p Mathieu van der Poel's epic Amstel Gold Race win, Karsten Warholm's epic 400m hurdles, the epic men's shot put final at the world championships, the awesome battle against everything in the 50k race walk at the world championships with some smart athletes pacing themselves to a great finish, some fantastic races in several sports....and a 5k pursuit to never forget at the Brazilian Rollerski Circuit :d 

As every single year, there were boring and bad moments and absolutely thrilling and awesome moments. I prefer to remember the latter instead of drowning in sorrow, so voted for Excellent.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!