website statistics

Best Sports Moments of The (Correct) Decade From 2010-2019

Olympian1010

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

This is already the thread with the most unexpected turn of the 2020's.

I can’t wait for this thread to be 7 posts long by tomorrow :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, Monzanator said:

In Gregorian calendar it doesn't happen which is a fact :lol:

Well we choose a place for the Gregorian calendar to begin, that’s an arbitrary decision not based upon fact.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

Well we choose a place for the Gregorian calendar to begin, that’s an arbitrary decision not based upon fact.

Ok, you go and try convince everyone to change their calendar, we'll keep living in reality. Deal?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

i've many memories to share

•  Federer winning AO 2017 when everybody thought that he's already done including me actually
  •  Egypt qualifying to football WC 2018 after 28 years of absence , yet it was really disappointing comeback :d but it was a great pleasure to be back again after many upsets which i noticed 3 of them in 02,the biggest one in 2010 and ofc this humiliating loss in 2014 from Ghana 
  • London 2012 was a special Olympics for me and btw it's the only Olympic Games i was able to watch in full , all other Olympics i watched 1 week only of the 2 weeks :d because of travelling and in Rio was because i was at military service and i was very lucky enough to watch 1 week of Olympics , anyway my best 2 moments of London was definitely when our fencer Alaa Abouelkassem defeated Andrea Cassara in men's fencing foil quarters , the match wasn't streamed anywhere in Nile sat , we couldn't even get an online link  so i could only followed it from live score and it was a great shock by alaa who went on and qualified to final and lost in a very dramatic way to lei cheng , i was one of the very few people that have bet on Alaa in Egypt before london to make something extraordinary big so it was really special moment for me when he was guaranteed 1st medal for Africa in fencing , the other big special moment came from  our legendary wrestler Karam Gaber when he defeated that Big guy from Poland in men's -84 kg Semis while everybody thought that he was going to be eaten alive in this match , the Polish guy was at his very best and Karam was only back to mats just 7 months before Olympics and then Karam wins in a very special way in 3rd period 
  • Germany winning 2014 WC was a very special moment indeed after very long disappointments since 2002 especially in 2010 where Germany was a shoulder and half better than the rest but Players couldn't handle stress of Playing against Spain in Semis and maybe they were feeling beaten when this famous octopus chose Spain as the winner before the game , i still remember when i was watching the match at a coffee shop here in Cairo and while everybody cheering for Argentina particularly for Messi a very loud voice came from me when gotze scored the winning goal while everybody looking at me and maybe saying who's this guy that's not cheering for messi and cheering for Germany instead :d
  • Mohamed Ihab winning gold medal of Snatch in 2018 weightlifting world championship and defeating the Chinese giants and making a new world record very special moment indeed which didn't continue at the end when he won only silver in total due to 1kg only difference between him and Lu Xiaojun 
  • Mohamed Ihab brought another very special moment for me also when he raised this 201 kg in C&J in world weightlifting championship 2015 in USA which was enough for winning bronze of total which was really surprising result as he has just shifted his weight category 2 or 3 months  before the start of tournament 
  • Tarek Yehia winning bronze medal of world weightlifting championship in 2010 in men's -77 kg , the 1st medal for Egyptian men in total in a weightlifting wch since decades after raising this huge 199 in C&J 
  • Azmy Mehelba winning bronze medal in men's skeet in shooting wch 2014 was another very special moment , it was our 1st medal ever in an Olympic event in shooting WCH a sport that we've never been at elite international level and and especially because he was struggling during qualifications and barely made the final after shoot-off 
  • Ihab Abdelrahman winning 2015 world Athletics championship silver medal in men's javelin and that huge 89m through which i thought it was enough for gold but julius yego has definitely another opinion by throwing this enormous 92 m mark , our 1st medal ever in Athletics senior WCH and it appears to be the last :(
  • Crazy men's pole vault final in last European championship with 2 players go above 6m was also really special for me 
  • again to our local sport and Ahmed Akram winning gold medal in YOG in swimming men's 800m with a new NR our 1st ever medal at any big stage in Swimming internationally 
  • and with Swimming again but with Farida Osman this time and winning a historical medal for Egypt in 2017 swimming WCH by smashing AR in women's 50 fly from lane 8 WOW it was a great surprise and great shock as well 

Just now, heywoodu said:

Ok, you go and try convince everyone to change their calendar, we'll keep living in reality. Deal?

Well our could very well not be the only reality, so really I could be right in one reality, while you could be right in another. Technically the world ended in 2012 anyway.

Just now, Monzanator said:

Go back to 16th century and file a complaint :evil:

Time is continuous so it is literally quite impossible to go back. That doesn’t mean we can’t correct our mistakes now. 

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

Time is continuous so it is literally quite impossible to go back. That doesn’t mean we can’t correct our mistakes now. 

Excluding Year 0 is not a mistake. 0 is literally zero so nothing. No wonder Year 0 never existed :p