website statistics

Men's Basketball FIBA Olympic Games Qualification Tournament 2021

George_D

So, Italy is without Bellinelli for the OQT and Olympics if they qualify. Galinari is still playing but Bogdanović is playing in ATL with him so it's a wash even though Bogdan is better player right now. Jokić probably won't play and there are a lot of injuries for Serbia. For Italy Melli will play, I expect to see Datome, Hacket, Polonara, Brooks, Mannion for Italians in Belgrade. 

As for Serbia Teodosić, Micić, Lučić, Marjanović, Bjelica, Kalinić should carry the team, but official press conference is tomorrow, so we'll see probably who's available to play. 

Also, Slovenia's naturalized player this year will be Mike Tobey from Valencia. 

16 minutes ago, nenad said:

So, Italy is without Bellinelli for the OQT and Olympics if they qualify. Galinari is still playing but Bogdanović is playing in ATL with him so it's a wash even though Bogdan is better player right now. Jokić probably won't play and there are a lot of injuries for Serbia. For Italy Melli will play, I expect to see Datome, Hacket, Polonara, Brooks, Mannion for Italians in Belgrade. 

As for Serbia Teodosić, Micić, Lučić, Marjanović, Bjelica, Kalinić should carry the team, but official press conference is tomorrow, so we'll see probably who's available to play. 

Don't worry, we haven't chances. 
With complete team, no more of 15% for us. Without Belinelli, next year n. 1 pick Banchero, Hackett, probabily without Gallinari, with only ours 2 centers, Tessitori and Totè, nothing of special but both 2.10, injuried, is a trip t the sea for you.

24 minutes ago, nenad said:

Polonara and Mannion are already with the team (they will play the Hamburg tournament this coming weekend)...

Datome will play for sure in Belgrade (unless he's injured), even if right now he's still pausing after the (disastrous for him and his team) end of the Italian league...

Hackett, I wouldn't be so sure about his participation...

22 minutes ago, Giovanni Gianni Cattaneo said:

Don't worry, we haven't chances. 
With complete team, no more of 15% for us. Without Belinelli, next year n. 1 pick Banchero, Hackett, probabily without Gallinari, with only ours 2 centers, Tessitori and Totè, nothing of special but both 2.10, injuried, is a trip t the sea for you.

You never know when it's a one game knockout game. But on the other hand I expect all restrictions to be lifted for the tournament so I would expect at least 15.000 people to be in the Arena for the final match. 

1 hour ago, intoronto said:

Only 5 of 14 NBA players named in Canada's initial roster have showed up (so far).

lol

Everyone talks big until it's time for them to show up.

If we do manage to qualify I imagine a couple more will have a change of heart and thus bump out those that actually did the qualifying.