website statistics

Men's Basketball FIBA Olympic Games Qualification Tournament 2021

George_D

4 minutes ago, DaniSRB said:

did he call everyone relevant?

Yes. Only Micov is missing who would certainly be in top 25. 

But, I still feel this list is like a wish list for now. I don't know did they have contacts with all these guys and they confirmed. If they did than it only depends on the NBA season end. 

Also, to add insult to injury other than Bogdanović who was always likely to go deep in the playoffs, I have Utah playing in the Finals, Šarić now looks good to go through with Phoenix. With Antony Davis injured, Suns are now favorites to beat the Lakers and they certainly aren't underdogs vs Denver or Portland in the conference semis.

Luka Dončić is hurt as well, he may lose to the Clippers (which also hurts Croatia cause of Zubac) but his chances of playing for Slovenia at OQT seems very very slim. 

Either Zubac or Bogdanovic, we can’t lose both. Both said they will play if they don’t advance to far in the play offs. 

still don’t believe Suns will go through, but honestly don’t mind. Saric for me would not be a big loss. 

Šarić would be a big loss, especially after losing Bender and Šamanić, we would be doomed with Šakić/Gabrić at 4.

Also, if the Lakers lose, Germany might get Schroder for the tournament. We can only hope LeBron bails us out :lol:

Few more news. Marjanović for Serbia and Powell for Canada are now confirmed after Dallas loss to the Clippers too. Kleber for Germany on the other hand has injured achilles and is questionable for Germany. Giannis is down 2-0 with Milwaukee. One Antetoukounmpo brother, Kostas who "plays" for the Lakers is already in Greek camp, Thanasis and Giannis could be joining him soon if Bucks don't turn something big around in this series. 

For the US Olympic team, Lebron and Davis are out, which isn't a surprise, Curry is said to be 50-50, but Lillard will probably play. 

2 hours ago, nenad said:

Few more news. Marjanović for Serbia and Powell for Canada are now confirmed after Dallas loss to the Clippers too. Kleber for Germany on the other hand has injured achilles and is questionable for Germany. Giannis is down 2-0 with Milwaukee. One Antetoukounmpo brother, Kostas who "plays" for the Lakers is already in Greek camp, Thanasis and Giannis could be joining him soon if Bucks don't turn something big around in this series. 

For the US Olympic team, Lebron and Davis are out, which isn't a surprise, Curry is said to be 50-50, but Lillard will probably play. 

Giannis will not play in OQT even if Bucks are out soon