website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics FIG World Championships 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

1 hour ago, Ogreman said:

He performed a 6.6 difficulty routine at the Paris world cup a month ago. Pretty sure he only didn't break it out here because he didn't need to push for a 15.400/ 15.500. It is mostly the same routine just with one different element near the start as I understand it. Now at the same time he did only score 15.100 for that routine in Paris but just to point out that he does have 6.6 D score in him.

He's a smart lad. Only Whitlock can crucify him on D score, he's absolutely competitive with everyone else, and his execution is peerless, almost freakish - when he hits it, his execution is as unmatchable as Whitlock' difficulty. Once Max fell, his move was obvious.

With my smaller GB hat on, pity of Max today but  the week has been a huge success for him - he's back, his D is still ridiculous, and now it's just practice, practice, practice. With my big 'top-0-the-mornin' Irish hat on, I'm dancing for Rhys!

I'm definitely not an avid gymnastics follower, but at least at Olympics and world championships I've been watching it for quite a few years now. Today I came to the realization that the low bar in the uneven bars is not standing straight, but at an outwards angle :yikes: 

Well damn.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 hours ago, heywoodu said:

I'm definitely not an avid gymnastics follower, but at least at Olympics and world championships I've been watching it for quite a few years now. Today I came to the realization that the low bar in the uneven bars is not standing straight, but at an outwards angle :yikes: 

Well damn.

It shows... :p:d

I can't believe what happened today. I just can't.

First, Andrade beats the former Olympic champion after Wevers had a very solid routine with almost no mistakes, then Flávia finally earns an individual medal on floor after 9 years! And Andrade was SO CLOSE to beating Biles!

It's like a dream! 

Really sad for the german women. Without all the injuries they easily would have qualified and probably finished top 6. I hope that Kevric will still have a chance to qualify. The men overperformed, hopefully some of the promising guys (Mousichidis, Kovalenko) will break through soon.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.