website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2020 Broadcasters

4 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Also, lol, M4 Sport has the Archery ranking rounds listed as a live broadcast on Day 0. I wonder if they forgot that the ranking rounds never have a live feed. (or maybe they will get a live feed this year?) 

I find it hard to imagine that there'll be any action this year without a live feed.  There mightn't be many channels showing it but it'll have a live feed for someone!

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, dodge said:

I find it hard to imagine that there'll be any action this year without a live feed.  There mightn't be many channels showing it but it'll have a live feed for someone!

I mean, this was true for 99% of the events at the last few Summer Games, but if I remember correctly the Archery ranking rounds are one of those exceptions. 

I don't think our NOS schedules more than a week in advance, so I have no clue yet what's scheduled from july 23rd. I'm probably going to rely only on their tv broadcasts and online streams.

I'm considering Discovery+, but with so much of the action in the European night and early morning, that would only be worth it if there is video on demand. Also I'm not sure if they allow a subscription for just one month, I don't feel like paying for an entire year for two weeks. Even if those weeks are the Olympics.

25 minutes ago, Jinzha said:

I don't think our NOS schedules more than a week in advance, so I have no clue yet what's scheduled from july 23rd. I'm probably going to rely only on their tv broadcasts and online streams.

I'm considering Discovery+, but with so much of the action in the European night and early morning, that would only be worth it if there is video on demand. Also I'm not sure if they allow a subscription for just one month, I don't feel like paying for an entire year for two weeks. Even if those weeks are the Olympics.

yes, all videos are also ondemand and yes, you can subscribe for a single month (here in Italy it's 7.99€, I think it's more or less the same in the whole Western Europe)...;)

1 hour ago, Vektor said:

Hm, it looks like for the first time in many years (maybe since 2004?) the Hungarian TV will only have one channel dedicated to the Games. We usually had two for the Summer Games, but now only M4 Sport has Olympic events listed. It's not the end of the world, we will have three channels overall (M4 Sport, Eurosport 1, Eurosport 2), which is more than what we had for Rio because Eurosport didn't have the rights. 

This is same for all European markets, national broadcasters (except Russia) All countries have rights to broadcast the Olympics only in 1 channel and have limit of around 300 hours they can broadcast

57 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Also, lol, M4 Sport has the Archery ranking rounds listed as a live broadcast on Day 0. I wonder if they forgot that the ranking rounds never have a live feed. (or maybe they will get a live feed this year?) 

And unsurprisingly they aren't listing the softball matches on the first two days despite the fact that they don't have anything else to broadcast live at that time. :lol:

Archery Ranking Round and Shooting Qualifiers definitely will not be broadcasted. Must be a mistake or they will just show rowing instead.

1 hour ago, phelps said:

yes, all videos are also ondemand and yes, you can subscribe for a single month (here in Italy it's 7.99€, I think it's more or less the same in the whole Western Europe)...;)

Thank you! That's good to know, starting to look like a much better option now. I never trust these subscription services...

Respect to some of you considering watching in the middle of the night!

OK, someone over on the Digital Spy forum has the same obsessive nature as we do, and he has managed to get Eurosport Help to say that here in Britain at least the streams on Discovery Plus & Eurosport Player will be the same.  :thumbup:

Now, the next thing we have to worry about will be if the D+ & EP streams will be of the same quality, or will one be better than the other?  :mumble: And if Discovery Plus is better, should we sign up for that as well? 

While I can get Eurosport’s feeds if I subscribe to the Player via Amazon Prime I am going to buy a firestick to be able to access and subscribe to the proper Eurosport Player app (My Tv is slightly too old) and switch to Discovery + if needs be.