website statistics

Sprint Canoeing ICF World Championships 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Disaster for us in women's K2... not even B-final. Our entire women's team is just in terrible shape. It's one thing for us to not be as strong as in our most dominant era, but this is simply unacceptable. I think we will still win that K2 quota next year in Szeged with the help of a returning Kozák, but our current state is still depressing. 

Athletes in tomorrow's finals who already won quotas

Men's K2

:CAN Poulin (quota in K4)

:CAN McTavish (quota in K4)

:ESP Germade (quota in K4)

:LTU Maldonis (quota in K4)

:HUN Nádas (quota in K4)

:AUS van der Westhuyzen (quota in K4)

:AUS Green (quota in K1)

Men's C2

:CZE Fuksa (quota in C1)

Women's K2

:DEN Jorgensen (quota in K1)

4 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Athletes in tomorrow's finals who already won quotas

Men's K2

Men's C2

:CZE Fuksa (quota in C1)

Women's K2

:DEN Jorgensen (quota in K1)

what impact will it have on tomorrow's finals?

4 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Men's K2

What are an implications for K2?

32 minutes ago, Rafa Maciel said:

The weird thing for me is that GB is very strong in paracanoe - they topped the medal table in Tokyo - so clearly the programme is there, they just haven't been able to attract the talent to the sport since the likes of Tim Brabants and Liam Heath retired

But you have rowing on university level and it is interesting that beyond that other not try canoe - you have same conditions.

11 minutes ago, ChandlerMne said:

What are an implications for K2?

Well, 5 out of the 9 boats in the final have at least one athlete who already qualified in the K4. Which means that the 7th placed will earn quotas via reallocation. Maybe even the 8th placed boat. The most extreme scenario is 6 athlete quota reallocation, in that case I think even the 9th placed boat wins quotas.

And on top of that if :AUS Green wins a quota in K2, his K1 quota will get reallocated to :ESP Cubelos. 

Just now, Vektor said:

Well, 5 out of the 9 boats in the final have at least one athlete who already qualified in the K4. Which means that the 7th placed will earn quotas via reallocation. Maybe even the 8th placed boat. The most extreme scenario is 6 athlete quota reallocation, in that case I think even the 9th placed boat wins quotas.

And on top of that if :AUS Green wins a quota in K2, his K1 quota will get reallocated to :ESP Cubelos. 

Wow, interesting. :yes

So, 7th position will certainly mean quota, 8th or 9th in theory? 

Oh wait... I think everyone in the men's K2 final already won the quotas by default. LOL

I mean, there are 18 athletes in the men's K2 final and only 12 of them can win quotas there as the other 6 athletes won quotas in K4. And the available athlete quotas in K2 is precisely 12. So the race for the men's K2 quotas is already over, I guess? 

3 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Oh wait... I think everyone in the men's K2 final already won the quotas by default. LOL

I mean, there are 18 athletes in the men's K2 final and only 12 of them can win quotas there as the other 6 athletes won quotas in K4. And the available athlete quotas in K2 is precisely 12. So the race for the men's K2 quotas is already over, I guess? 

Nope, I made one mistake... There are two :AUS van der Westhuyzen, Pierre was in the K4 boat, while Jean is in the K2 boat. So we got 5 athletes who won quotas in K4, not 6.