website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Championships 2023

Totallympics

3 minutes ago, JonPhi said:

@Bohemia And France goes empty-handed for the sixth time in a row and how could it be otherwise, thanks to Chloe Chevalier. The leadership should have been replaced long ago.

At the same time I don't see who else could take her place because we saw what happened when Sophie Chauveau was in the relay (although it was mostly the pressure of the first time being in the relay and starting as 3rd relay), she still needs to gain more experience and handle her nerves.

4 minutes ago, Bohemia said:

It's really frustrating how they always miss the podium at this competition, especially this year... 

Chloé Chevalier seemed to shoot faster lately in the relays but she can't handle pressure and shooting spares made her nervous, you can't be that slow when you shoot spares! That's really where we lost the podium. She still has a lot to learn...

There's not much to learn there either, she's already 27 after all. She's been getting a free pass in the relays for years, and every time she screws it up with her slow shooting range. What's the point? I can't need 75 seconds for 2 reloads, others have already run a penalty loop.

8 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

No medal for France and I wonder if Chloe Chevalier only has a free pass due to being the "lesser" sister on the team. Gross mismanagement there...

Seems to be so. Without the new quota system, she would have been allowed to run all the races here and Chauveau would only have been allowed to watch. At least it would be fair if Chauveau could run the mass start tomorrow instead of her.

I think this is only but a start of Italian women becoming mainstay favourites in women's relays, because the depth is insane. 

There are like 6-7 more Comolas and Auchentalers growing up ready to take their place if they ever have an off-season. 

4 minutes ago, JonPhi said:

There's not much to learn there either, she's already 27 after all. She's been getting a free pass in the relays for years, and every time she screws it up with her slow shooting range. What's the point? I can't need 75 seconds for 2 reloads, others have already run a penalty loop.

When Braisaz-Bouchet comes back I hope they will make the right and sensible choice of keeping Jeanmonnot in the relay instead of Chloé Chevalier, Lou has already proved she is a great starter (although her performance today wasn't that great) and individually she also already seems more promising than Chloé :fingers:

10 minutes ago, Bohemia said:

At the same time I don't see who else could take her place because we saw what happened when Sophie Chauveau was in the relay (although it was mostly the pressure of the first time being in the relay and starting as 3rd relay), she still needs to gain more experience and handle her nerves.

That's also a big point of criticism, that chauveau only had one single appearance in the season and Colombo none at all. Of course, you can't gain any experience if Chloe is always given preference.
And Chloe shot very poorly and slowly throughout the entire World Championships.