website statistics

Swimming at the Aquatics WA World Championships 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

1 minute ago, phelps said:

I'm ashamed of being a fan of those morons! :facepalm:

however, someone must put Ceccon in his place...he might be by far the best Italian swimmer, but he can't afford to talk like he did yesterday and earlier Today (and he can't swim only the races he wants...he must develop at lest 3 individual Olympic events seriously in the interest of the entire team)

How did he talk?

And to be fair: the main thing for him should be to focus on his own medal chances. Great if that improves something for the team, but if I were him, I wouldn't put focus on team events if that costs anything individually for his best events...

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

How did he talk?

yesterday he started saying he wanted to do the 1st leg of the mixed freestyle relay or nothing (and since he was still put in the 2nd leg, he swum 1 second slower than he did in the 4*100m free relay)

this morning basically accused the coaches to have missed the right composition of the team, not using Miressi in the free leg (when it was his 53.7 in the backstroke leg to kill all of our chances to qualify, instead)

not a good team work, really (and a bad attitude)

3 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

Actually somewhat deserved for not using Miressi in prelims. They still should have beaten Germany and Canada. In the end they wouldn’t have won a medal anyways.

we should have used Poggio instead of Martinenghi, not Miressi in the 4th leg...that's the capital mistake (since Martinenghi swum a very slow stint to save himself for the final)

same with Ceccon...53.7 is unacceptable from him

ps we will never know, but I don't think we were out of the medal race, if qualified (actually, I see only :CHN out of reach right now, maybe the :USA but :AUS and any other team just can't go below 3.29 -and we can, also with this underperforming team)

11 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

How did he talk?

And to be fair: the main thing for him should be to focus on his own medal chances. Great if that improves something for the team, but if I were him, I wouldn't put focus on team events if that costs anything individually for his best events...

no, the relays are way more important for our federation

he's not a bottle of water in the desert like Pellegrini was among the women (in that case it was an obvious choice to protect her individual events because we had no team behind her, but among the men it's a different story)

Edited by phelps

30 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

Both our medley relay teams finished in 13th place. Hopefully it might be enough to qualify for the Olympics but it will be tight.

Also I’m hoping today is the day Ireland wins its first ever medal at the Aquatics World Championships :pope:

I think the women are safe. They’ve a 3s cushion.

The men’s relay was super tight. There’ll be teams gunning for that next year

I think Wiffen gets a medal. Fingers crossed 

Relay Lineups for Tonight:

Men:

:JPN Japan: Irie -> Watanabe -> Mizunuma -> Matsumoto

:GER Germany: Braunschweig -> Matzerath -> Friese -> Salchow

:AUS Australia: Woodward -> Stubblety-Cook -> Temple -> Chalmers

:USA United States: Murphy -> Fink -> Rose -> Alexy

:FRA France: Ndoye-Brouard -> Marchand -> Grousset -> Salvan

:CHN China: Xu -> Qin -> Wang -> Pan

:CAN Canada: Acevedo -> Dergousoff -> Liendo -> Gaziev

:GBR Great Britain: Morgan -> Wilby -> Peters -> Richards