website statistics

Swimming 2023 Discussion Thread

Totallympics

3 hours ago, Werloc said:

Well, since you're here. How do you feel that they screwed up the Italian flag in the protocols? :p 

didn't know that.

here nobody would care about things like that in this kind of minor events...actually, I'm asking myself how many people in Italy know that today the Jr. Europeans started? probably only those who read this forum and our main sport website OA sport...:facepalm:

however, I hope it was just a mistake...it can happen...

p.s. if they did on purpose, instead, they're just a bunch of idiots (but honestly I believe it was just a mistake).

2 hours ago, phelps said:

didn't know that.

here nobody would care about things like that in this kind of minor events...actually, I'm asking myself how many people in Italy know that today the Jr. Europeans started? probably only those who read this forum and our main sport website OA sport...:facepalm:

however, I hope it was just a mistake...it can happen...

p.s. if they did on purpose, instead, they're just a bunch of idiots (but honestly I believe it was just a mistake).

Personally for me it's a huge event. It gives us a glimpse into the future, secures important funding and scholarships for younger athletes, providing them with necessary resources to stay in the sport. The fact that we've sent a record number of swimmers, both our relays are in the finals, it's a huge deal for Lithuania and perhaps we're on our way to become an even bigger threat in the aquatic scene. 

Woah, a medal on the very first day, and it's the men's 4x100m Freestyle relay!!!!!!!!!

Our mega talent 14yo Tajus Juška was a part of the four. He was taken to the Junior championships, because he was too young to participate in EYOF (2009yob)

a good first day for :ITA 

2 relays gold medals (didn't expect the girls to beat :HUN especially after the first not so exciting leg by Curtis)

top guys of the day, however, are Regaini (twice mid 1.48 between heats and semis in the men's 200 Free) and Camozzi (1.57.9 in the men's 200m Fly semis).

hope they can improve a bit tomorrow, so to be gold medal contenders (even if it will be difficult against people older and with a better PB)

2023 European Junior Championships: Day 1 Results

Girls 400m IM:

1. :HUN Vivien Jackl - 4:40.66

2. :SWE Lisa Nystrand - 4:45.06

3. :FIN Louna Kasvio - 4:46.82

Girls 4x100m Freestyle Relay:

1. :ITA Italy - 3:40.60

2. :HUN Hungary - 3:41.39

3. :GBR Great Britain - 3:43.37

Boys 4x100m Freestyle Relay:

1. :ITA Italy - 3:17.87

2. :FRA France - 3:19.39

3. :LTU Lithuania - 3:20.53

Medal Table 

Rank NOC Gold Silver Bronze Total
1 :ITA Italy 2 0 0 2
2 :HUN Hungary  1 1 0 2
3 :SWE Sweden 0 1 0 1
3 :FRA France 0 1 0 1
5 :FIN Finland 0 0 1 1
5 :GBR Great Britain 0 0 1 1
5 :LTU Lithuania 0 0 1 1

2nd day fairly okay

Jazdauskas was very close to the bronze in 200m Free

5th for our mixed free relay

7th for our young backstroke talent

And Plytnykaitė made it into the 50m free final

That's already 6 finals and 6 semifinals for Lithuania, which is already better than the entire championships from last year :p 

2nd day of the junior europeans not as good as the first

results are better than the real situation: very good Regaini, "only" silver over boys 200m free, but with a big improvement on his PB

quite good Camozzi (Gold over boys 200m fly), but the clocking is way worse than yesterday, which is unacceptable at this level

very disappointing, instead, Sara Curtis (despite the best time in the heats and semis of the girls 50m free, she's way slower than expected...not to mention the tragic relays' legs both yesterday and today) and today's relay in general, when all 4 weren't even close to yesterday's clockings (and in fact they lost to Hungary, despite being the heavy favourites).

bad day also for all the other boys and girls (personally, I'm especially disappointed with Del Signore's time in the boys 50m Back final).

let's see if tomorrow we can do something more exciting (especially in perspective).