website statistics

Biathlon 2019 Off Season Discussion

RobtheAggie

25 minutes ago, RobtheAggie said:

Martin Fourcade Nordic Festival has its line-up confirmed and it is a good list.

Also if you want to get in on the action, it is only 40 Euros to participate.

Too bad the South American championships are coming up soon.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

22 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Too bad the South American championships are coming up soon.

What are the dates for this.  I have been unable to find anything online.  I might be simply showing my lack of tech Davy here.

7 minutes ago, RobtheAggie said:

What are the dates for this.  I have been unable to find anything online.  I might be simply showing my lack of tech Davy here.

There’s not a lot of information about them ever. He’s just lucky enough to know someone :evil:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

There’s not a lot of information about them ever. He’s just lucky enough to know someone :evil:

Absolutely, never found anything about it other than the PDF's she usually sends me (which she gets from the national federations).

I believe it's in August, done in several stages. Haven't I posted about it in this thread before? If not, I'll take a look when I'm back at my laptop :p

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Absolutely, never found anything about it other than the PDF's she usually sends me (which she gets from the national federations).

I believe it's in August, done in several stages. Haven't I posted about it in this thread before? If not, I'll take a look when I'm back at my laptop :p

I don’t think you’ve posted about this year’s yet.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

12 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I don’t think you’ve posted about this year’s yet.

Knew it:

I did find this on the Brazilian website about how one qualifies for the team.   At least I think that is what it says.  There is a general criteria found here.  Considering the lack of snow, Brazil's federation website is pretty good.  Argentina's has not been updated since 2012.  Chile does not have one, just an e-mail address.  

9 minutes ago, RobtheAggie said:

I did find this on the Brazilian website about how one qualifies for the team.   At least I think that is what it says.  There is a general criteria found here.  Considering the lack of snow, Brazil's federation website is pretty good.  Argentina's has not been updated since 2012.  Chile does not have one, just an e-mail address.  

This is why we need to bring back the Winter Pan American Games. We have at least 5 countries that could compete in cross country skiing and biathlon for sure. Not to mention alpine skiing, speed skating, and figure skating.

11 minutes ago, RobtheAggie said:

I did find this on the Brazilian website about how one qualifies for the team.   At least I think that is what it says.  There is a general criteria found here

:hairpull:

This has caused SO MUCH stress and feelings of unfairness :lol: It's been changed a bit for the upcoming season, but for example last season athletes had a list of criteria and every one of them resulted in part of the season being paid. Problem is, the whole thing that had to be paid was supposed to be awesome, but sadly just was not...at all (basic things like food were not even there, half the time the athletes didn't even have the option to have breakfast and/or lunch), there was no option at all to have a decent sort of rest since the freestyle skiing team stayed in the same place and was NOISY until way after midnight (when athletes want to actually rest) and so on. Just very basic things that were impossible there...try and improve in that kind of situation.

About Chile: I have a feeling they'll improve their online presence within a few years, they're getting a much better national federation president :p (smart and relatively young guy)