website statistics

Men's Football UEFA European Championship 2024

Totallympics

17 minutes ago, rybak said:

:FRA beats :GIB 14-0! :jawdrop:

Jesus, did Gibraltar sleep with France's mom or something? :yikes: 

Although to be fair, Gibraltar had a red card after 18 minutes, you never know how it might have ended up otherwise!

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Exactly 30 years ago Romania needed a win in Wales to qualiy for 1994 World Cup. We won 2-1 in Cardiff. The national coach then was Anghel Iordanescu and one of the scorers was Gheorghe Hagi. 

Today we qualified by exactly same score, 2-1 away, the national coach is Anghel Iordanescu's son, Eduard Iordanescu and one of the scorers is Gheorghe Hagi's son, Ianis Hagi😁

What a great story in our fotball😍

Edited by vlad

7 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Jesus, did Gibraltar sleep with France's mom or something? :yikes: 

Maybe the French are trying to get in bed with Spain :p

They already have one kid out of wedlock (Andorra). 

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, thepharoah said:

Lukaku scores 4 as Belgium leading Azerbaijan 4-0 , Serbia qualifies 

Come on, four goals in one match now and he couldn't make even one of his roughly 1800 chances in the deciding group match in the World Cup last year? :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

and it is over. :BIH - :SVK  1-2

10 Matches - 7 Wins, 1 Draw (against Luxembourg at home :p in the very first match of the campaign 0-0) and 2 defetas (Both to :POR 0-1 at home and 3-2 in Portugal)

in total 22 unbelievable points (we tied our historic best, 22 points we gained in the 2010 WC qualifiers, when we even won the group there).

Just unbelievable, Either this group was really the easiest of all or we just run our all time luck this year, there no other explanation for this :lol: I repeat :SVK will be the only team next year who was picked from Pot 5 at the draw. That is just historic, no idea if that even happened before, to overpass teams from pots 2, 3 & 4 :d

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

That last minute action looked like a penalty IMO. but glad Italy survived after all.

but what a shame Italian football is in this position now:(, Euro 2020+1 feels like million years ago.

That moment looked much more suspicious after the word spoken by the head of the UEFA before the game and strange decision of the referee not to go to watch the replay. Porentially dangerous free kick after the clear faul on Dovbyk was ignored too.

I do not want to complain - that was a game of equal contenders. And draw is logical outcome in some way. But such an episode is reason to use VAR in football. If the referee did not use it I cannot imagine a fair reason.

Thus it looks like we are getting closer to video challenges in football. So many sports successfully use them. I do not see any fair reason to avoid of this in football.

6 hours ago, avlar said:

That moment looked much more suspicious after the word spoken by the head of the UEFA before the game and strange decision of the referee not to go to watch the replay. Porentially dangerous free kick after the clear faul on Dovbyk was ignored too.

I do not want to complain - that was a game of equal contenders. And draw is logical outcome in some way. But such an episode is reason to use VAR in football. If the referee did not use it I cannot imagine a fair reason.

Thus it looks like we are getting closer to video challenges in football. So many sports successfully use them. I do not see any fair reason to avoid of this in football.

Video challenges should be the way to go anyway...it is just super weird how VAR is being used now, by first taking ages...not to make a decision, but to decide 'ok, we are going to look', and then looking for ages, and then taking an actual decision.

Give both teams 2-3 challenges, and maybe the referee as well, and let the VAR - who is an actual referee anyway - make the decision. That would save tons of time and make games a lot more fluent.