website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Cup 2022 - 2023

Totallympics

4 hours ago, Federer91 said:

Vittozzi winning an Individual with a clear shooting :yikes: Wierer skiing faster than the Oeberg sisters and Olsbu? It's a new day :d

well, Hannah Oeberg missed last week's stage because of a flu, obviously she can't be at 100% this week (and maybe she passed something also to her sister, who's struggling a bit on the skis in this early 2023).

Olsbu even more, she missed half a season...she does need a lot more training on her skis to be as fast as she was in the past (but I'm sure she will be definitely better than now when it really matters, in Oberhof).

Vittozzi has been clear on 20-hit races before...don't get fooled by her troubles in the last few seasons.

she definitely benefited from the arrival of the new Finnish (shooting) coach in our team.

hopefully she's getting back where she was before the pandemic mess and all that followed those difficult days.

p.s. she's also taking advantage (like Wierer and the other Italian girls) by the good ski setup that Italy seem to have found this season, especially on the wet snow we have in this early 2023 (meanwhile Sweden look to have very bad skis on this kind of snow).

What a great race this was, I love this podium :d

Big congratulations to Vittozzi, finally back on top, and with a clear shooting, after the troubles from last week where it looked like her old demons from last season were back. What a great way to bounce back just a few days later!

I'm thrilled for Lou Jeanmonnot's first podium :clap: I gotta be honest, between the 2 French ""youngsters"", I was expecting Sophie Chauveau to be the first one on a podium, although Lou's season has been really good so far as well, she has more experience in the world cup and she's definitely more consistent in her shooting than Sophie is (who had a bad day on the shooting range today :().

And of course I'm happy about Julia Simon's 3rd place which means she wins a few points against Elvira Oeberg and keeps the yellow bib :d

18 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

Probably NR also. Both :GRL & :DEN

And definitely the best World Cup result ever for :BRA blood!

In biathlon, that is, obviously there have been a whole bunch of podiums and wins in alpine skiing by now.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!