website statistics

Shooting

• 2 weeks later...

Lynda Kiejko won gold at the Intershoot event  in the Netherlands, she scored 576 in qualifying (for the 10m air pistol event), and her finals score would have won gold at the Pan Am Games... 

Elizabeth Gustafson won silver, with a qualifying score of 549, and her finals score tied the Pan Am Games gold score.

In the men's event, Michele Esercitato placed 7th with a qualifying score of 575

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, intoronto said:

Canada will not qualify any trap shooter through the Pan American qualifying event... super disappointing as one shooter was in the lead in qualifying after two rounds in the women's event

I’m disappointed. I did think Scola had a shot at it. 

4 hours ago, intoronto said:

Canada will not qualify any trap shooter through the Pan American qualifying event... super disappointing as one shooter was in the lead in qualifying after two rounds in the women's event

Well there goes our hope of qualifying in trap. I wish we had secured a quota (obviously) but we’ve had so many bad results throughout the OQP that I’m hardly disappointed. I’ve kind of just learned to accept it. 

• 4 weeks later...

Entry list for the rifle/pistol Americas qualifier

https://www.issf-sports.org/media/calendar/2024/3200/entrylist/CAT-R_P-ARG-2024-Entry-List-by-Nation-28.03.2024.pdf

No  

Esercitato (pistol) or Jacques (rifle), respectively have the highest scores in the last year or so. :hairpull: