website statistics

Men's Rugby Sevens WR World Series 2022 - 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

I just hope the Challenger Series gets more stops, especially since there won't be any invited teams next season. The depth of the men's teams is good enough, especially with :KEN :JPN :URU dropping. Imagine this year's series, but with those three teams replacing :BRA :KOR :ZIM .

I guess Jamaica (maybe Mexico sometimes) would still be here if Canada is still in the top division.

15 hours ago, JoshMartini007 said:

I just hope the Challenger Series gets more stops, especially since there won't be any invited teams next season. The depth of the men's teams is good enough, especially with :KEN :JPN :URU dropping. Imagine this year's series, but with those three teams replacing :BRA :KOR :ZIM .

I guess Jamaica (maybe Mexico sometimes) would still be here if Canada is still in the top division.

There won't. I think I read it will consist of three stages, which is not worthy enough. With the pathway to elite level shrinking the incentives are less and less clear for those nations.

Really gutted for Uruguay who have been the best promoted team (ever ?), reaching two QF, placing 12th, one point shy of the 11th, beating Fiji, South Africa and al. in the process. Now they get thrown away in a farcical tournament ... With the Olympic qualification in a few weeks time and no Argentina in sight they might well get to Paris, enough to keep them going ?

5 hours ago, SalamAkhi said:

There won't. I think I read it will consist of three stages, which is not worthy enough. With the pathway to elite level shrinking the incentives are less and less clear for those nations.

Really gutted for Uruguay who have been the best promoted team (ever ?), reaching two QF, placing 12th, one point shy of the 11th, beating Fiji, South Africa and al. in the process. Now they get thrown away in a farcical tournament ... With the Olympic qualification in a few weeks time and no Argentina in sight they might well get to Paris, enough to keep them going ?

Uruguay's ultimate goal is Olympic qualification to increase funding for their rugby program. Of course, failing to stay in the top tier hurts their overall image and post-Olympics if they fail to make the quarterfinals things might be a bit tough.