website statistics

Basketball

1 hour ago, George_D said:

Τhe potential is great. Lets hope that next summer more NBAers will be present because of Olympics motivation

I think this will be the case. NBAers have traditionally not played for Canada at qualifiers, but I think they'll show up at the Olympics.  Everyone wants to be the Dream Team.  

1 hour ago, orangeman said:

I think this will be the case. NBAers have traditionally not played for Canada at qualifiers, but I think they'll show up at the Olympics.  Everyone wants to be the Dream Team.  

i will be present at this topic and follow all the news about men's team until the end (a medal in Olympics) :wCAN:

On 9/8/2023 at 11:33 PM, orangeman said:

They'll be playing the USA for bronze.  

Like I said...:p

yes but USA will be disappointed because of their defeat in semifinal and maybe they are going to face the match casually without much interest. Lets see.

Also i say again to all friends here not to be sad with 4th place. Canada made some big wins against big european teams like France(2nd in last Olympics), Spain (recent world and european champion) and Slovenia of Luca Doncic and most important they secured a spot in Olympics, another global competition with only 12 teams as participants. It isnt a small achievement. My team Greece had finished 4th, 2 times in 90s, 1994 in Canada and in 1998 in Athens, Greece at our home and we felt the same dissapointment.. But now that these successes look so far we understand that those places where big achievements. Canada is above Spain, France, Lithuania, Brazil, Italy..etc..They have already improve their ranking by a lot of places. Argentina a powerhouse of the game during previous years didnt even qualify for the WC and the OQT. The most important for Canada is continuity and further commitement from NBA players

:)

Edited by George_D

5 hours ago, George_D said:

yes but USA will be disappointed because of their defeat in semifinal and maybe they are going to face the match casually without much interest. Lets see.

Also i say again to all friends here not to be sad with 4th place. Canada made some big wins against big european teams like France(2nd in last Olympics), Spain (recent world and european champion) and Slovenia of Luca Doncic and most important they secured a spot in Olympics, another global competition with only 12 teams as participants. It isnt a small achievement. My team Greece had finished 4th, 2 times in 90s, 1994 in Canada and in 1998 in Athens, Greece at our home and we felt the same dissapointment.. But now that these successes look so far we understand that those places where big achievements. Canada is above Spain, France, Lithuania, Brazil, Italy..etc..They have already improve their ranking by a lot places. Argentina a powerhouse of the game during previous years didnt even qualify for the WC and the OQT. The most important for Canada is continuity and further commitement from NBA players

My obsession with FOURTH is really just a running joke.  All I really cared about this tournament was securing an Olympic berth and maybe getting experience for some of the younger guys.  The Olympics will be a different beast with the NBAers there, and if Canada can field its best team of pros we should be a favourite for the podium.  

Which means we'll finish fourth.  

5 hours ago, George_D said:

Also i say again to all friends here not to be sad with 4th place. Canada made some big wins against big european teams like France(2nd in last Olympics), Spain (recent world and european champion) and Slovenia of Luca Doncic and most important they secured a spot in Olympics, another global competition with only 12 teams as participants. It isnt a small achievement. My team Greece had finished 4th, 2 times in 90s, 1994 in Canada and in 1998 in Athens, Greece at our home and we felt the same dissapointment.. But now that these successes look so far we understand that those places where big achievements. Canada is above Spain, France, Lithuania, Brazil, Italy..etc..They have already improve their ranking by a lot places. Argentina a powerhouse of the game during previous years didnt even qualify for the WC and the OQT. The most important for Canada is continuity and further commitement from NBA players

Oh ya don’t get us wrong. We love the jokes (not jokes) about 4th place. But just qualifying for the Olympics is a big deal, and so is making the semis at worlds. We’re all really happy about that here, even if we are also grumpy grumps :P

This is the best state Canadian men’s basketball has ever been in, and the first time the team was a real contender since the Nash-lead team.

Also, honestly, if you told us before these championships we’d finish 4th we all would have taken it xD

Edited by NearPup