website statistics

Badminton 2022 Discussion Thread

Totallympics

10 hours ago, Vic Liu said:

My guess for the All England Finals winners and let's check the accuracy rate at night

Men's single: :DEN Axelsen

Women's single: :JPN Yamaguchi

Men's doubles: :INA  Fikri/Maulana

Women's doubles: :CHN Zhang/Zheng

Mixed doubles: :CHN Wang/Huang

So it's 60% correct and China won no golds.:yikes: I admitted that I actually thought we may lose the Women's double but the mixed double is unexpected. I gotta say the Japanese female mixed double player Higashino Arisa is a better version now and Axelsen just seems unbeatable.

What a day for Japan X3 G, 1 each for Indonesia and Denmark. 

Good tournament, lots of suprises! 

Wonder if there is a option of exchanging match results , maybe lakshya would want today's result  to get exchanged with last weeks German Open semis when he beat Axelsen ! 

10 hours ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

What a day for Japan X3 G, 1 each for Indonesia and Denmark. 

Good tournament, lots of suprises! 

Wonder if there is a option of exchanging match results , maybe lakshya would want today's result  to get exchanged with last weeks German Open semis when he beat Axelsen ! 

Yaa but Axelsen had his day, Lakshya had in German Open.

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go

So time for the Swiss Open! 

Guess WD finals will be 

:BUL Stoeva sisters vs :THA Kittitharakul / Prajongjai OR Aimsaard sisters OR :IND Treesa/Gayathri 

MS :DEN Axelsen winner v Antonsen runners up 

WS :THA Busanan / :SCO Gilmour v :THASupanida / :INDSindhu

MD and XD is a bit open 

So the Olympic silver medallists Chinese were actually a pair of fuckin cheaters. A much harsher ban should have been imposed and much earlier. They shouldn't have been allowed to participate in Olympics at all last year! 

https://bwfbadminton.com/news-single/2022/03/25/integrity-ruling-against-four-chinese-players/

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2022 at 4:38 PM, Fly_like_a_don said:

14 year old Unnati Hooda :IND became one of the youngest  winners in BWF world tour event. Enroute her victory she defeated the actual Indian No 2 in Women's Singles(Malvika Bansod) (Grandma Saina is ranked higher than Malvika but she's very old and losing everything now including straight game loss to Malvika recently) 

She made it through an extremely difficult national trials to qualify for Uber Cup and Asian Games, India's youngest ever badminton player to do so..