website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Los Angeles 2028 Sports Programme

Ya, even if Cricket had no global reach and no potential for growth and it was a case where :IND:PAK:BAN:SRI were the only countries where it was popular… genuinely so what? The Indian subcontinent is a huge market that is massively underserved by the Olympics. There are plenty of Olympic sports that cater to much smaller niches.

On 9/4/2023 at 5:00 PM, Noorderling29 said:

It’s hard to understand for Cricket lovers how boring and incomprehensible Cricket is to most people. I say this as someone who enjoys Cricket.

The same is true of baseball/ softball which is even slower and has much less action.

1 hour ago, Nickyc707 said:

The same is true of baseball/ softball which is even slower and has much less action.

All sports are ridiculous in their own terms. But as Patrick Kavanagh wrote,

"I made the Iliad from such a local row. Gods make their own importance."

• 5 weeks later...

some news from Moroccan sports pages claiming that Italian Karate Federation received a letter from WKF saying Karate is outside LA 2028 program.. I don’t know how genuine this letter is 

would appreciate any confirmation specifically from Italian friends 

IMG_4072.jpeg

Edited by El Analyzer

I have no idea how reliable these infos are

the only thing I know, is the fact that the Italian federation is working hard to get Karate back into the Olympic schedule, but no public statement has never been released about this matter

however, I've never been optimist about a chance for Karate, there are too many other sports with more mediatic favor that this IOC would consider before even thinking of Karate's return on the Olympic stage

7 minutes ago, Laraja said:

So IOC is gonna improve the number of quotas to 20k

The IOC did say earlier the host community would have a say.

With that being said 3 team sports does seem excessive. There is no need for baseball unless MLB releases its players