website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans Thread (2016 & 2017)

heywoodu

37 minutes ago, Dragon said:

Big story from France.

17 members of the Belarus canoeing team failed tests for Meldonium during a training camp in March and April.

When anti-doping agents raided them later they also found "heavier drugs".

http://www.lemonde.fr/jeux-olympiques-rio-2016/article/2016/05/26/les-gloires-du-canoe-bielorusse-coulees-par-les-agents-de-l-antidopage-francais_4926694_4910444.html

Those 17 are all members of the current team, including Olympic champions of 2008 (who are apparently still active)?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Il y a 1 heure , Agger a déclaré:

Take 15 minutes and watch this. Then you would understand why the difference is this large!

it's very long i will not watch it untill the end , but he is wrong the prehistoric man was faster than Usain Bolt

the problem they officialize  the western tets only ( i mean the doping)

17 hours ago, bestmen said:

it's very long i will not watch it untill the end , but he is wrong the prehistoric man was faster than Usain Bolt

How is he wrong?

He doesn't say anything about the prehistoric man being slower.

17 hours ago, bestmen said:

Instead of saying "OMG it's a Western conspiracy!!" as people like Vitaly Mutko and Yelena Isinbayeva love to say, why not come with actual arguments? 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

il y a 29 minutes, Agger a déclaré:

How is he wrong?

He doesn't say anything about the prehistoric man being slower.

he tried to explain why the man of the past was slower than now, right?

i said "he is wrong"  i give this example of the prehistoric man

anyway the naturalization is cheating the doping is cheating  also the technolgy that they use while training .......maybe the uniform too

4 minutes ago, bestmen said:

he tried to explain why the man of the past was slower than now, right?

i said "he is wrong"  i give this example of the prehistoric man

anyway the naturalization is cheating the doping is cheating  also the technolgy that they use while training .......maybe the uniform too

It's a fact that the times nowadays are faster! He explains some of the factors, which especially is a matter of technology (the running surface, knowledge about the ideal body types for different events and changing swimming pool just to mention a few).

He even makes a great comparison with Jesse Owens, who with modern surface and starting blocks would be second at the Worlds in 2013. And that's even without our knowledge about the best training, body types and so on. Thereby he exactly states that the difference between now and then more or less is about what we know now that we didn't know back then!

Is that cheating? No. It's completely natural that we use our knowledge. Even the poorest countries know more about the ideal athletes than the richest countries back in the first half of the 20th century..

Therefore we of course can't just look at the records to talk about who is the best ever. We have to remember the context.

Please watch the video before you complain about it.

But I still don't understand why you mention the prehistoric man. That's completely irrelevant.