website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans Thread (2016 & 2017)

heywoodu

4 hours ago, T&Fwatch said:

NYT writing about use of Methylheamine, which wasn't banned in 2008. 

2008 "WADA list, while not naming methylhexanamine specifically, included it under a broad category with - "tuaminoheptane and other substances with a similar chemical structure or similar biological effect(s)".

another slovak greco-roman wrestler with positive test in Meldonium..:wacko: Vojtech Jakus, not very famous athlet though, and apparently it didn´t helped him a lot since he lost all matches he attended during the RIO qualifiations :lol:

source in SVK http://sport.aktuality.sk/c/219401/dalsi-slovensky-zapasnik-mal-pozitivny-test-na-meldonium/

And it looks like KAZ weightlifters Zulfiya Chinshanlo and....damn it, Ilya Ilyin are two of the four doped gold medalists of London 2012 :( 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

And it looks like KAZ weightlifters Zulfiya Chinshanlo and....damn it, Ilya Ilyin are two of the four doped gold medalists of London 2012 :( 

wouldn't be surprised for Ilyin....he appeares like twice in 4 years

Just now, LDOG said:

And this is why I'll never be a fan of athletics, swimming, cycling or weightlifting... 50% of the results are a joke and big farce. I can't take them seriously.

I wonder which sports I could be a fan of then. There are at least serious controls....in contrast to sports like football where the entire anti-doping is the biggest joke in the world. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

hace 2 minutos, heywoodu said:

I wonder which sports I could be a fan of then. There are at least serious controls....in contrast to sports like football where the entire anti-doping is the biggest joke in the world. 

I think most of the world is doped in every sport, but at least those which aren't "mark sports" aren't all about physical condition (there's tactics, styles, etc). In weightlifting, athletics, etc it's all about who is the strongest/fastest and that is 100% up to how much and how sophisticated they dope. Thanks god my country sucks in all of them otherwise I wouldn't enjoy success to the fullest.

7 minutes ago, LDOG said:

I think most of the world is doped in every sport, but at least those which aren't "mark sports" aren't all about physical condition (there's tactics, styles, etc). In weightlifting, athletics, etc it's all about who is the strongest/fastest and that is 100% up to how much and how sophisticated they dope. Thanks god my country sucks in all of them otherwise I wouldn't enjoy success to the fullest.

In the end, almost all sports are partly decided by that. Take football: sure, tactics and styles are important, but use doping and you'll be able to keep running longer and longer and more importantly, you'll be able to use your supreme techniques longer. I've seen plenty of matches with teams like Barcelona, Valencia or Juventus where they just kept going and going and going as if they'd never be tired...honestly I think football has the most doping of every sport, simply because it's by far the most "financial sport" and the interests are so incredibly huge there. 

No way FIFA will ever implement a decent anti-doping regulation and they will never get anywhere near IAAF, UCI, FINA (they might not be good, or even be bad, but at least they test). 

My problem with sports like weightlifting is that the results indeed often change because of doping tests. The good thing is: they test.

My problem with sports like football and other major sports is that their fans are so blind and naive when it comes to doping. "No, it's a technical sport, we don't need doping." Oh please. 

Edited by heywoodu