website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans Thread (2016 & 2017)

heywoodu

2 hours ago, bestmen said:

i understand now why Ghrimes :ALG  lost the semi vs Arjaoui  :MAR

HE WAS POSITIVE , THEY SHOULD BAN HIM FOREVER

I wonder if Ghrimes has qualified for Rio now?

1st was Arjaoui  who may be disqualified

2nd Nigeria qualified

3rd Tunisia qualified but turned down the place in Rio

4th Cape Verde qualified after Tunisia declined to go to Rio

So is 5th place given to the man who lost to the gold medalist Arjaoui? That would be the Algerian

and again according to Tamas Ajan one of those 10 doped weightlifters in London is from Iran :( (never thought one of our athletes can do drugs in this level that IOC can't find it at time !!!)

we had 6 in London, Salimi, Rostami and Moradi just competed in Fajr Cup , which means they are clean, Anoushiravani who won silver in London is now head coach of the team and since he still has his job this is not him either, which means it will be either Nasirshalal (silver medalist 105kg) or Mohammadpour (5th place 94kg) and I can guess this is Nasirshalal which means we will probably lose a silver medal

1 hour ago, Federer91 said:

When are these athletes going to be known?

Probably within the next couple of days. Apparently the B-samples have been/are being tested. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Apparently a press conference will take place at our NOC in a few minutes, some journalists say there's a rumor of a doping case. Don't think it's related to this re-testing though.

Will keep you informed.

And it's Martin Carrizo, swimmer, who qualified for 1500m Freestyle Men's. He was positive of EPO in the Maria Lenk trophy held in April.

uff, I thought it was going to be some high profile athlete. It still sucks, of course.

6 hours ago, LDOG said:

And it's Martin Carrizo, swimmer, who qualified for 1500m Freestyle Men's. He was positive of EPO in the Maria Lenk trophy held in April.

uff, I thought it was going to be some high profile athlete. It still sucks, of course.

i agree, i have a big fear about this and when i heard his name.......the calm return to me :lol: