website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans Thread (2016 & 2017)

heywoodu

hace 1 minuto, heywoodu said:

In the end, almost all sports are partly decided by that. Take football: sure, tactics and styles are important, but use doping and you'll be able to keep running longer and longer and more importantly, you'll be able to use your supreme techniques longer. I've seen plenty of matches with teams like Barcelona, Valencia or Juventus where they just kept going and going and going as if they'd never be tired...honestly I think football has the most doping of every sport, simply because it's by far the most "financial sport" and the interests are so incredibly huge there. 

No way FIFA will ever implement a decent anti-doping regulation and they will never get anywhere near IAAF, UCI, FINA (they might not be good, or even be bad, but at least they test). 

I think there's a lot of truth in what you say, and it is probably like you say but... still, 0 footballers tested positive in Beijing and London. In fact, 0 team sport athletes tested positive in both games.

Doesn't mean of course that they don't dope in the 3 years and 11 months in middle, but give me that and not the joke we see in weightlifting.

I guess in football they have a lot more money and expertise to develop stuff that can't be detected :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Meanwhile the head doctor of the Dutch Olympic team is a guy who thought that the famous doping doctors Conconi and Ferrari were a good idea to follow and who has worked with a whole lot of shady figures :facepalm:

At least it looks like the shadowy part of the Dutch sports is finally catching up with the other countries as well :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Il y a 1 heure , heywoodu a déclaré:

No way FIFA will ever implement a decent anti-doping regulation and they will never get anywhere near IAAF, UCI, FINA (they might not be good, or even be bad, but at least they test). 

The César Cielo case alone should be enough to put FINA on the joke tier alongside FIFA and ATP/WTA 

Just now, De_Gambassi said:

The César Cielo case alone should be enough to put FINA on the joke tier alongside FIFA and ATP/WTA 

I know they're bad, but I still think they're better and more serious than FIFA :p 

il y a 11 minutes, heywoodu a déclaré:

I know they're bad, but I still think they're better and more serious than FIFA :p 

As you said ealier :

Citation

I guess in football they have a lot more money and expertise to develop stuff that can't be detected

That's really the only difference betwwen the two sports. I suppose that FINA would love that top end swimmers had access to the same kind of high tech - undetectable  - drugs. Then , they could simply pretend to fight againtst doping by catching some random mid tier swimmers once every blue moon.

Edited by De_Gambassi

Three samples of Azeri weightlifters from the London games tested positive for banned substances during the recent retesting reports http://hurriyyet.az./6119-avropa-ve-dunya-chempionunu-azerbaycandan-qovurlar-novbeti-qurban-ozel.html. It is rumored that the three offenders are Boyanka Kostova, Valentin Hristov (already with a life ban) and Ilhan Zairov. Moreover, one more lifter tested positive from the Beijing samples retesting,

22 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

They deserve everything that will come. Traitors....

Be very worried that two of the Russians have come back negative on the B sample of their retests.

If it happens to two samples it might be happen to many more