website statistics

Skeleton at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

Totallympics

45 minutes ago, phelps said:

no, he's a true Swede, born and raised in that Country...he only has 3rd generation heritage from the Netherlands (his grandfather was Dutch)...

Yeah, yeah.  I’ve read The Day of the Jackal, I know how easy it is to get fake documents.  :mumble:

6 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

Yeah, yeah.  I’ve read The Day of the Jackal, I know how easy it is to get fake documents.  :mumble:

Why would you even fake that? Nobody would care. Ted-Jan Bloemen had a laughably small connection to Canada when he switched nationality and nobody cried foul.

Sliding sports have become Unwatchable now :dunno:

I think we need a rule Similiar to youth Olympic Games. One nation can participate in any 2 events each in luge and bob and 1 in skeleton. But the events they participate they can have 3 in that if they qualify. It's crazy but :GER has put a lot of money in technology making their sleds the best in the world. 

Time for :AUS to break the dominance today it's tough despite the lead if German wins again I don't plan to watch any sliding in future except the Sigulda World Cups every season. 

2 hours ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Sliding sports have become Unwatchable now :dunno:

I think we need a rule Similiar to youth Olympic Games. One nation can participate in any 2 events each in luge and bob and 1 in skeleton. But the events they participate they can have 3 in that if they qualify. It's crazy but :GER has put a lot of money in technology making their sleds the best in the world. 

Time for :AUS to break the dominance today it's tough despite the lead if German wins again I don't plan to watch any sliding in future except the Sigulda World Cups every season. 

So Netherlands should participate in only half the speed skating events, US in the snowboard, Canada in hockey :d Why should it be their fault that the other nations don't take the sports seriously.

This is a prime example why building a local sliding track is essential to having success in the sport. Same as velodromes in track cycling. I know it's very expensive and maintenance is high too but then you can have a bucket of medals at the championship events. Germany profits from the old :GDR days, they also added tracks in Bavaria and here we are some 50 years later Germany are winning everything left, right & center. And when they've won 3-4 golds it's deemed a failure. There are maybe five countries in the world which would say winning 4 golds at WOG is a failure :p

1 minute ago, Monzanator said:

This is a prime example why building a local sliding track is essential to having success in the sport. Same as velodromes in track cycling. I know it's very expensive and maintenance is high too but then you can have a bucket of medals at the championship events. Germany profits from the old :GDR days, they also added tracks in Bavaria and here we are some 50 years later Germany are winning everything left, right & center. And when they've won 3-4 golds it's deemed a failure. There are maybe five countries in the world which would say winning 4 golds at WOG is a failure :p

Or Latvia who cashed in during the Golden Age of Soviet concrete-pouring.