website statistics

Skeleton at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

Totallympics

6 hours ago, Federer91 said:

So Netherlands should participate in only half the speed skating events, US in the snowboard, Canada in hockey :d Why should it be their fault that the other nations don't take the sports seriously.

Oh well I can't even laugh at this because Netherlands aren't winning 14/14 ,the maximum could be 8 and realistic 6-7G. No US isn't dominating snowboard at all. Japan, Czech Republic, Austria were some of nations who won gold among those events I watched.And ice hockey is a team sport where I don't mind any 1 team dominating. 

Amazing for Neise. Most people might say, just Germany again, but this is MAJOR surprise. Her only victories on senior level so far were 1 win in ICC and 1 win in EC. She struggled to fulfill the internal German standard (3 times TOP 8 in WC) and finally reached it at St. Moritz (8th rank) with her last possible chance. Then got Covid just 1 week before the Opening Ceremony.

Btw amazing result for AUS and NED, those two countries together at the podium looks more like swimming or something ;-)

4 minutes ago, NearPup said:

What an upset for :GER Neise. Truly nothing can go wrong for the Germans on this track. This feels like those world championships that are held in Germany where the Germans are entirely unbeatable.

Not sure how you can say that right after Hermann lost bronze despite having a much better run than Bos. With the same material as Bos she would have won a medal. Also Taubitz threw away a safe gold. Germany very well could have two more medals in sliding sports at this point.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.