website statistics

Short Track Speed Skating at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

2 hours ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

That's pretty sad to hear. Hope she recovers soon. I am pretty excited of watching almost the entire short track program on TV for the first time ever so I hope it's just a false positive and I can see her just like all others .

Thanks for your nice words. I hope that she'll be able to start as well. She is one of our only few chances for a good result in Beijing, so that would be a shame if she couldn't start on Saturday in the heats.

5 hours ago, rafalgorka said:

Yes, we know. This is very bad situation. And a lot of practice on ice cancelled for her. 

True, but it's only the heats on day 1. Her level is so high that if the symptoms aren't too bad, she should be able to get through the heats just fine. Let's hope she'll test negative before the heats.

3 hours ago, Dennis said:

True, but it's only the heats on day 1. Her level is so high that if the symptoms aren't too bad, she should be able to get through the heats just fine. Let's hope she'll test negative before the heats.

I don't think she'll be allowed to start in the heats if she has any symptoms.

And still it's short track, and it's even 500m short track, so it's not easy to say she gets through the heats even if she's healthy... you know, ice is slippery, the elbows are moving, nothing is certain...

BREAKING NEWS

Polish media just announced that Natalia Maliszewska will be somehow allowed to compete on Saturday in 500m short track event.

https://www.sport.pl/igrzyska-olimpijskie/7,154863,28076197,nieoficjalnie-natalia-maliszewska-jednak-wystartuje-ma-zostac.html#s=SNO_Img_1

But they say it is unofficial,

we are waiting for a comnfirmation from another source.

Just now, rafalgorka said:

BREAKING NEWS

Polish media just announced that Natalia Maliszewska will be somehow allowed to compete on Saturday in 500m short track event.

https://www.sport.pl/igrzyska-olimpijskie/7,154863,28076197,nieoficjalnie-natalia-maliszewska-jednak-wystartuje-ma-zostac.html#s=SNO_Img_1

But they say it is unofficial,

we are waiting for a comnfirmation from another source.

I really hope this is true.