website statistics

Short Track Speed Skating at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

:HUN Liu Shaoang (Short Track) with a positive COVID test... RIP Hungarian relay if he won't produce a negative test soon. Thankfully he doesn't have any symptoms. Let's just hope that his brother will get lucky and can compete in Beijing, otherwise we won't have any medal chances at this WOG. 

This Olympics might end being a much bigger disaster than Tokyo, Omicron spreads fast, as you can see at the ongoing Handball ECh. 

On 1/19/2022 at 7:57 AM, LowerSaxony said:

Germany most likely declined the second spot over 1500metres. Only Anna Seidel was nominated today.

https://www.isu.org/inside-isu/isu-communications/communications/27084-2452-owg-2022-final-allocation-quota-places-speed-skating-short-track-speed-skating/file

Confirms it. Looks like that was the only change. 

9 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Honestly, it was about time we got this lucky. :p

#banbestmen

:NBR Team New Brunswick :NBR

New Brunswick is sending a total of two athletes to the Beijing Olympics, both in short track: :AUS Brendan Corey and :CAN Courtney Sarault. Both used to train together in my hometown. They will try to win :NBR‘s first winter Olympic medal since 2010 when Travis Jayner won a bronze medal in the men’s 5000m (representing :USA).

5 minutes ago, NearPup said:

:NBR Team New Brunswick :NBR

New Brunswick is sending a total of two athletes to the Beijing Olympics, both in short track: :AUS Brendan Kerry and :CAN Courtney Sarault. Both used to train together in my hometown. They will try to win :NBR‘s first winter Olympic medal since 2010 when Travis Jayner won a bronze medal in the men’s 5000m (representing :USA).

When did Brendan Kerry become a short track speed skater? And since when is Sydney, New Brunswick a thing...? :p

#banbestmen

5 hours ago, rafalgorka said:

Natalia Maliszewska is covid - positive. She is already in Beijing. Hopefully she will be able to start next week. Ehh... 

That's pretty sad to hear. Hope she recovers soon. I am pretty excited of watching almost the entire short track program on TV for the first time ever so I hope it's just a false positive and I can see her just like all others .