website statistics

Taekwondo Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Her host country in the Refugee program was Germany, not Bulgaria.

I dont like those changes AFTER the qualification event. So Bulgaria could send 2 male 2 female to the qualifier and another athlete? Hmh......

30 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

It happened with Belgium at a previous games.

A formalization of the rules is really needed.

gotta get rid of that farce named Refugee Team, where actually no athletes are true refugees (especially those involved in the combat sports) :facepalm:

22 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

It happened with Belgium at a previous games.

A formalization of the rules is really needed.

As much as I am a fan of world taekwondo for creating a interesting sport with clear rules and easy to follow for the viewer, I have to say that their qualification system is one of the worst.

Personally I don’t think there should be a limit on the number of athletes who can qualify for a team. Imagine being the 6th ranked fighter in the world and not qualifying because there are 2 other athletes in different weight classes are higher ranked for you.

And this one is a gripe which can be applied to other sports as well. The Individual neutral Athletes are baisically a team, no matter how hard people try to spin it in neutrality. They even have their own flag, so surely these limits on athletes participation should apply to them, but they don’t.

And on a side note their website is appalling.

1 hour ago, TeamGB said:

And this one is a gripe which can be applied to other sports as well. The Individual neutral Athletes are baisically a team, no matter how hard people try to spin it in neutrality. They even have their own flag, so surely these limits on athletes participation should apply to them, but they don’t.

I see them as two teams competing under the same name. It's no different than if multiple suspended nations competed under the Olympic flag.

It seems Bianca Cook hasn't given up on getting to Paris and will be representing :IOM going forward. By making the switch, it seems she will be eligible to compete at the European Champs with an ultimate goal of being able to do enough to persuade the :GBR selectors to pick her over Rebecca McGowan. 

14 minutes ago, Rafa Maciel said:

It seems Bianca Cook hasn't given up on getting to Paris and will be representing :IOM going forward. By making the switch, it seems she will be eligible to compete at the European Champs with an ultimate goal of being able to do enough to persuade the :GBR selectors to pick her over Rebecca McGowan. 

Maybe she can represent :MDA in LA?

She does have close connections to the country, being married to a very famous Moldovan Olympic athlete.

Edited by NearPup

• 2 weeks later...