website statistics

Judo Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

• 3 weeks later...

Regarding the new ranking I don't understand how the 5 Team Invitations quota were awarded.

If my thought is correct: Austria (M-73kg), Azerbaijan (W+70kg), Canada (W+70kg), Cuba (W-57kg), Georgia (W-70kg), Germany (M-73kg), Kazhakstan (W-70kg), Serbia (M-73kg) had 5 quotas so were elegibe to the team invitation. Those were the best athletes from each of the missing categories ordered by points:

Germany: Igor WANDTKE (73kg, 1518pt) - European quota
Serbia: Strahinja BUNCIC (66kg, 1384pt) - Returned quota #1

Kazakhstan: Esmigul KUYULOVA (63kg, 976pt) - Asian quota

Cuba: Arnaes ODELIN GARCIA (57kg, 876pt) - American quota

Austria: Marcus AUER (60kg, 454 pt) - Returned quota #2

Georgia: Eter ASKILASHVILI (63kg, 279pt)
Canada: Coralie GODBOUT (78kg, 220pt)

Azerbaijan: Narmin AMIRLI (78kg, 112pt) or Nigar SULEYMANOVA (+78kg, 112pt)

Apparently through the IJF rankings website, Cuba (Americas), Georgia (Europe) and Kazhakistan (Asia) are getting the two quotas and Germany and Austria are with the returned quotas.

So basically I don't understand how Georgia managed to get one of those quotas instead of Serbia. Or am I missing something here? 

And I wonder if other countries from Oceania will manage to send athletes to enter the rankings and fill the other quotaS?

Thank you so much!

• 1 month later...

How does continental quota works? I'm asking because in our case Katarzyna Sobierajska (-70kg) have this spot, her ranking is 31st with 1198 points, while for example Adam Stodolski (-73kg) is ranked higher than her and have more points (30th and 1460 points). I thought that continental quota is for highest ranked not qualified yet athlete from that country. 

1 hour ago, rybak said:

How does continental quota works? I'm asking because in our case Katarzyna Sobierajska (-70kg) have this spot, her ranking is 31st with 1198 points, while for example Adam Stodolski (-73kg) is ranked higher than her and have more points (30th and 1460 points). I thought that continental quota is for highest ranked not qualified yet athlete from that country. 

There are a number of quotas for men and women. Adam Stidolski doesn't have enough points to be in the TOP13 men that qualifies, the last one has is a :CZE with 1554 points.

46 minutes ago, Jur said:

There are a number of quotas for men and women. Adam Stidolski doesn't have enough points to be in the TOP13 men that qualifies, the last one has is a :CZE with 1554 points.

He need to be in top13 among Europeans in all categories combined for having chance for continental quota, right?

12 hours ago, rybak said:

He need to be in top13 among Europeans in all categories combined for having chance for continental quota, right?

Yes, that's why he isn't in even though he has more points than the woman.

On 8/24/2023 at 8:03 PM, phelps said:

:JPN already announced 10 of their selected players for Paris 2024 (barring injuries and other extravaganza, of course) :yikes:

women

-48kg: Natsumi Tsunoda

-52kg: Uta Abe

-57kg: Haruka Funakubo

-70kg: Saki Niizoe

+78kg: Akira Sone

men

-66kg: Hifumi Abe

-73kg: Soichi Hashimoto

-81kg: Takanori Nagase

-90kg: Sanshiro Murao

+100kg: Tatsuru Saito