website statistics

Judo Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

• 1 month later...

Can I check that my understanding of the qualification criteria is correct:

Period 1 runs until the 22nd June 2023 with the qualification ranking comprising 50% of points derived from the top 5 results from the period and the score from the 2022 Masters event in Jerusalem. The points total from period 1 will carry forward to period 2.

Period 2 commences with the Ulaanbaatar Grand Slam on the 23rd June and the qualification ranking will comprise 100% of points derived from the top 5 results from the period and the score from the 2023 Masters event in Hungary which is scheduled to take place in August '23.

Is that everyone else's understanding?

10 hours ago, Rafa Maciel said:

Can I check that my understanding of the qualification criteria is correct:

Period 1 runs until the 22nd June 2023 with the qualification ranking comprising 50% of points derived from the top 5 results from the period and the score from the 2022 Masters event in Jerusalem. The points total from period 1 will carry forward to period 2.

Period 2 commences with the Ulaanbaatar Grand Slam on the 23rd June and the qualification ranking will comprise 100% of points derived from the top 5 results from the period and the score from the 2023 Masters event in Hungary which is scheduled to take place in August '23.

Is that everyone else's understanding?

In general yes, but this year World champs and many continentals happen at unusual time. Therefore I think the current WCH count towards period 2 and eg European later this year to period 1. 

and the 6 th result can be Masters and something else (I think continental championship, but not sure about it) 

Edited by prso1000

21 hours ago, Jose Luis said:

What is returned quota reallocation?

I have been wondering what would be these returned quotas since the first time I saw it. And the answer is..... No clue :wacko:

It could be returned quotas from retired athletes in the qualication, or from some continental quotas unused, or whatever else....

I think they're reallocated continental and team event quotas. Oceania doesn't have enough eligible NOCs to fill 10 continental quotas or however many it is so they get reallocated. And I would imagine that the African and Oceania team quotas would also get reallocated.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...