website statistics

Athletics Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Just now, phelps said:

Then we don't have a chance. I don't understand this lineup from yesterday. You could field one team and run slowly - you could even run for training.

3 minutes ago, copravolley said:

How many changes can Italy make in the mix today?

however, frankly I'd prefer :ITA to be eliminated from this circus event (it would only take energy off the guys involved before their individual effort -for those who have one- or before their "main" relay)

p.s. I'm really worried about the women's 4*100m...I hope they can qualify Today, because otherwise they would be really at risk with the recovery time

2 minutes ago, copravolley said:

Then we don't have a chance. I don't understand this lineup from yesterday. You could field one team and run slowly - you could even run for training.

they just gave preference to the "traditional" relays (and I agree at 100% with the coaches)

then, they filled this team with the remaining guys (perfect strategy...and in fact we did qualify both the men and women's "true" 4*400m teams)

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, phelps said:

however, frankly I'd prefer :ITA to be eliminated from this circus event (it would only take energy off the guys involved before their individual effort -for those who have one- or before their "main" relay)

p.s. I'm really worried about the women's 4*100m...I hope they can qualify Today, because otherwise they would be really at risk with the recovery time

If Côte d'Ivoire and Jamaica advance, we will at 100% advance for the ranking but of course it is better to win against Spain today and advance together with the Africans. Yesterday's Spanish time should be within our reach. I prefer to will have 5/5 relay teams - it looking well in the media and you can take an additional 1-2 people to Paris. It is known that individually in the 400 meters we have no chance of winning a medal, just like in the two 400 meters relays.

Edited by copravolley

4 minutes ago, phelps said:

they just gave preference to the "traditional" relays (and I agree at 100% with the coaches)

then, they filled this team with the remaining guys (perfect strategy...and in fact we did qualify both the men and women's "true" 4*400m teams)

Ok, but FIDAL announcements were that we were aiming for 5/5 relays in Paris. I don't understand why you can't replace 2 people in the mixed relay, because that would be perfect. Today's finals in traditional relays no longer have any significance.

3 hours ago, copravolley said:

Ok, but FIDAL announcements were that we were aiming for 5/5 relays in Paris. I don't understand why you can't replace 2 people in the mixed relay, because that would be perfect. Today's finals in traditional relays no longer have any significance.

well, there's always a world title at stake, moreover there's an interesting prize money and they're fundamental for the Olympic races' seeding (which might be the difference between making the final or not)

I wouldn't say that they're irrelevant ;)

Just now, phelps said:

theoretically...but find another 2nd tier relay that can run 42.13 or better ;)

Yes, but it's better to advance today. There is one change from yesterday.