website statistics
Swimming 2022 Discussion Thread
Posted
16 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Our economy is on the brink of collapse, the World Aquatics Championships is the last thing we need right now... 

The annoying thing is the US still hasn't ponied up the funds to host even a single world champs in its whole history.

Swimming 2022 Discussion Thread
Posted
10 minutes ago, NearPup said:

Completely ridiculous, but hey if the Hungarian government wants to pay for me to have some entertaining swimming to watch I ain't going to complain too much.

(Having worlds in 2022 isn't ridiculous, it's the January 2024 edition that is complete nonsense).

Having it 4 consecutive years (2022-2025) is ridiculous. An athlete lucky enough to have their career peak during these years can achieve quite an inflated number of world titles.

59 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Can these races be seen anywhere? I don't see any regular live stream and the finals videos on YouTube are swiftly deleted all the time.

The full sessions are up on the FINA channel on YouTube if they're not geoblocked in your country. Here's the finals from yesterday: 

Swimming 2021 Discussion Thread
Posted
1 minute ago, Grassmarket said:

Women’s records continue to tumble in the NCAA as heroic transgender superhero Lia Thomas breaks new boundaries.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10282301/Transgender-UPenn-swimmer-Lia-Thomas-smashes-records-weekend-meets-14-SECONDS-ahead-rival.html

Yas Queen :bowdown:

I hope they crush everyone at NCAAs next year so I can watch the fallout. :popcorn:

5 hours ago, Federer91 said:

Sensational silver for Italy :clap: Beating Australia is huge. Russia's training has gone very wrong, their form was not worthy after all the hype..

Australia was expected to get Bronze at best. We were fortunate that the Brits failed to qualify for the final because of stupid coaching decisions and Russia was off.