website statistics
Athletics 2016 Discussion Thread
Posted

I am not a fan of Spanovic, but her winning gold would be 1000 times better than Reese or Jar-Jar-Binks winning gold.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Posted

I am very disappointed by Mihambo, only 6.65m, she has much more potential, maybe she needs to change her coach.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Posted
Gerade eben schrieb Gianlu33:

Sorry but i don't agree. For have an italian citzen you must live almost 10 years in Italy. She spoke a corret italian.

She was italian for a marriage and she live in Italy.

Its not the same as with Copello but i am in general against nationality changes, they should be forbidden in general. Did Grenot ever compete for Cuba? If not, then everything is ok.

Posted

I am glad that Lavillenie paid for his arrogance, but he is still the favorite for Rio. German pole vaulters have been embarrassing, but at least Dilla beat Lavillenie ...

Posted (edited)

Cuba won 2 golds today, Grenot and Copello. We should call this "open european championships".

I am glad that Ohurougo and Williams didnt win a medal, we dont need more medals for athlete who were caught doping.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Posted

Level in mens pole vault was shocking. Its sad to remember the good old times with Holzdeppe, Otto and Lavillenie who won the medals at 2012 european championships and 2012 olympics. Holzdeppe might win a medal in Rio if he is even remotely fit.

Level in mens 200m was also shocking. Where are Hughes and Gemili and what happened with the british guy who was running sub 20s earlier this year?

Another medal for a naturalized turkish athlete. I really wonder why some athlete from Azerbaijan decides to compete for Turkey?

Posted

Womens long jump couldve been very interesting with Moguenara, Proctor, Ugen and Johnson-Thompson, now its a one-man-show.

Posted
vor 1 Minute schrieb hckosice:

I wonder if Turkey has at least 1 Turkish athlete in this championships :d

Yes, Dereli (womens shot put) seems to be really turkish and i think they also have some turkish athletes in their relays.

Posted

I think Totallympics should be a good example and should list Copello's gold medal and the medals of Guliyev, Harvey, Can, Kaya and so on as medals of Cuba and so on.

Posted

Turkish athletes are really starting to make me angry, what is this shit? Its pathetic, i really dont understand why turkish people arent embarrassed about all this. They have more than 80 million people but cant produce a single world class athlete on their own.

Posted

Henry looks really bad (just like Philip), i dont think that a woman can get that muscular in a natural way, in addition to that her style is very ugly. 

Good result for Heidler, i think she can win silver in Rio, 76.50 - 77m should be possible for her.

Posted
vor 6 Minuten schrieb Gianlu33:

So, if a guys was legally naturalized (like all italian naturalized athletes) i haven't problem but I don't think that the Turkish law give a nationality after only 1-2 days :lol: 

The same happened with the (supposedly) 19 yo girl in womens 10000. The worst thing is that all those athletes are average when Turkey buys them, but then they suddenly become world class. You have to wonder why Turkey isnt able to produce any world class athletes on their own, because they obviously seem to have great coaches, otherwise all those naturalized athletes wouldnt become world class all of a sudden. The only good thing about all of this is that turkish officials seem to be pretty stupid, because all of their athletes get caught very quick. So we can be sure that turkish medals, if they win any, will be given back pretty quick after the olympics.

Posted

Very disappointing by Vicaut, like last year at the world championships, i start to doubt that we will have a european athlete in the final of Rio. Ujah, Gemili and Hughes all seem to be out of shape or even out of Rio. I think we will see 3 american guys + at least 2 jamaican guys + De Grasse in the final for sure. 

Posted
vor 2 Minuten schrieb heywoodu:

On the good side, at least Dereli actually won a Turkish medal :p 

Yeah, but did you see her? We might have a "Semenya case" in shot put.

Posted
vor 4 Minuten schrieb Gianlu33:

Italian television say that Harvey was payed from Turkish Federation to become a Turkish athlete. Any news?

No, he wanted to become turkish, because its such a great country and he likes döner that much ...

Posted

Martina isnt one of my favorite athletes, but at least that "turkish" guy didnt win. Its just pathetic that all turkish medal winners are naturalized, especially because it shows the hypocrisy of turkish political leaders. Hopefully god/WADA will find a way to stop Turkey from winning any medal in athletics or swimming (Solnceva).

Posted

I am very happy that Kilty got disqualied, sadly the same didnt happen to Rutherford and Ingebrigtsen. Will Kilty compete at the olympics?

Posted
vor 2 Minuten schrieb heywoodu:

If I get odds of 2, I would bet half of my money that those 8 events won't give 8 gold medals for Germany here :p 

So ... ? In most of those events we are favorite, but of course it will be very difficult in mens discus throw, womens triple jump and womens long jump.

Posted
vor 4 Minuten schrieb dcro:

Another one of those "big events expert".

No surprise, she does heptathlon for the rest of the year. A couple of months ago i was sure that she would win gold in Rio, but then she didnt really show progression until now. After this result i am optimistic again.

Posted

Overall bad results for us so far, our javelin throwers werent able to adapt to the conditions, but i am sure that we will win at least 1 gold in Rio. Schwanitz finally with a really good result, maybe she can fit for gold in Rio after all. I hope that we will win gold in mens 1500 m, mens shot put, mens discus throw, mens triple jump, womens 3000 m SC, womens long jump, womens triple jump and womens 4x100 m relay. :fingers:

Posted
vor 3 Minuten schrieb heywoodu:

The weakest score in European championships history if I'm not mistaken, but that doesn't matter so much. Of course the much bigger thing is Van der Plaetsen's story and for most athletes all that mattered was getting above 8100 points if they hadn't do so yet to qualify for the Olympics. 

German commentator said it was the weakest winning score since 1971 ...

Am ‎04‎.‎07‎.‎2016 um 02:52 schrieb heywoodu:

10.74 Gardner, 10.78 Bartoletta and Bowie, what a level :d 

+1 m/s wind, so this time it's way inside legal limits. 

Some (maybe) interesting questions for your game:

Will the US win more than 1 medal in mens/womens 100 m? Gatlin + ... ?

Will the US win more than 1 medal in mens/womens Long jump? Reese + ... ?

Will the US win more than 1 medal in mens/womens pole vault? Suhr + ... ?

Will the US win more than 1 medal in mens/womens high jump? Lowe + ... ?

Will the US win a medal in mens/womens 800 m? One out of Wilson/Berian?

Will the US win more than 1 medal in mens/womens shot put? Kovacs + ... ?

Someone who doesnt want to cheer for Semenya also shouldnt cheer for Reese, they both have a clear Advantage over real women. I hope that at least one real Girl will beat Reese in Rio, hopefully she wont even medal.