website statistics

Totallympics Annual International Song Contest 2017

Gerade eben schrieb Wanderer:

Well, by average, I mean people who are not involved in some deep research, discussions, who do not seek for some music critics magazines etc... People listen to what they like and there is a music that is generally liked and music that is not. 

For my taste, the first ever contest here was the most quality on average; but later there always were some standout songs.

I mean, I could go on and make the list of songs from each country that would "deserve" my 12 points. And I can bet I wouldn't fit into the majority. 

Still, I think language shouldn't be a barrier and isn't a major barrier in these contests. I guess, non-English speaking countries simply "fail" to nominate the sound that can get into other players heads enough. Or to fit in the median.

We won't agree on this topic, because you are saying that Ireland and/or GB always nominate the best sound, while most/all other countries don't, i just can't see that. The british entry this year was absolutely nothing special, if this song would have been in any other language, it never would have made the top 10.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

NxaOxT7.png

ITALY

Jury Scorecard:

t1wPD3u.png  Great Britain 12
   8HPgu6D.png  Slovenia 11
   AXV5Wzm.png  Malta 10
   Laua7IR.png  Bulgaria 9
   SkWX4Fe.png  Croatia 8
   Meo6C0t.png  Mexico 7
   qDX7mqH.png  Morocco 6
   C0xSb88.png  Algeria 5
   9apF3d9.png  Serbia 4
   yX9eNzR.png  Iran 3
   sSaMzDk.png  Russia 2
   OO8kjUQ.png  Brazil 1

Grazie Gran Bretagna per questo fantastico evento, saluti dall'Italia

Thanks Great Britain for this amazing event, greetings from Italy

Just now, uk12points said:

Shock - Malta draw level with New Zealand for 5th place and would move ahead on countback if Italy doesn't vote for New Zealand

And deservedly so, Malta's song :hearts::cheer:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

hCskdGcSniwSiFymfJjCauCJlQxih3rkUT586Si5

35 / 35 Juries Voted  

speaker-icon-27.png  Jury Voting: ITA   Animated waving Dutch flags  Netherlands 97 
Animated waving Indonesian flags  Indonesia 83  Animated waving Finnish flags  Finland 15 
Animated waving Romanian flags  Romania 63  Animated waving Argentine flags  Argentina 78 
Animated waving Slovenian flags  Slovenia 78  Animated waving British flags  Great Britain 186 
Animated waving Irish flags  Ireland 58  Animated waving Moroccan flags  Morocco 100 
Animated waving Russian flags  Russia 26  Animated waving Mexican flags  Mexico 80 
Animated waving Croatian flags  Croatia 70  Animated waving American flags  United States 58 
Animated waving Slovak flags  Slovakia

Animated waving Tunisian flags  Tunisia 88 
Animated waving Algerian flags  Algeria 96  Animated waving Portuguese flags  Portugal 107 
Animated waving Lithuanian flags  Lithuania 115  Animated waving Canadian flags  Canada 29 
Animated waving Maltese flags  Malta 124  Animated waving French flags  France 70 
iran-flag-animation.gif  Iran 135  Animated waving Greek flags  Greece 32 
Animated waving Moldovan flags  Moldova 73  Animated waving New Zealand flags  New Zealand 124 
Animated waving Bulgarian flags  Bulgaria 69  Animated waving Azerbaijani flags  Azerbaijan 10 
Animated waving Kazakhstani flags  Kazakhstan 23  Animated waving German flags  Germany 49 
Animated waving Indian flags  India 57  Animated waving Brazilian flags  Brazil 142 
Animated waving Danish flags  Denmark 50  Animated waving Serbian flags  Serbia 137 
Animated waving Polish flags  Poland 49  Animated waving Italian flags  Italy 103 

CURRENT TOP 5 POSITIONS

1 Animated waving British flags Great Britain 186
2 Animated waving Brazilian flags Brazil 142
3 Animated waving Serbian flags Serbia 137
4 iran-flag-animation.gif Iran 136
5 Animated waving Maltese flags Malta 124

What a perfect end to a fantastic contest!

Congratulations to myself for winning (slightly odd)! Congratulations to Brazil for finishing second and winning the medal table and congratulaions to Serbia on a fantastic third, could have been second had they not given their highest points to their main rival!

Also, Malta sneaks into 5th place after a tie-break with New Zealand. Both had points from 18 juries, but Malta had two 12 points to New Zealand's one.

Thank you for everyone who has joined in today and I hope you've enjoyed the contest today! It wasn't quite the close finish we would've liked, but nevertheless there was excitement all the way through!

(BTW if the adding up looks wrong on this scoreboard it is not! It is just correcting a couple of mistakes along the way! Sorry for any problems caused as some countries have gone up and some down)