Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Gianlu33

Summer Youth Olympic Games 2018

thepharoah    344

It's gold for Morocco in Taekwondo :thumbup: WHAT AN INTERSTING 3RD PERIOD 

MHSN    389

no TV coverage and even the official website didn't work during the men's final and also the last part of women's final :d Hemmati lost by golden score (can't complain she won her semifinal by golden score) but Khosravi won the gold in a close low-scoring match.

3 gold and 1 silver in taekwondo. great result and after watching those two other athletes I have to say they both deserved medal 100% and they faced unbelievably bad officiating . and not in middle of the match when u have time to recover. but in last 10-20 seconds.

this is shame. even at the YOG we have to count on Taekwondo, Wrestling (and this time Karate) to win medal :wall: but this is it.

thepharoah    344
Just now, thiago_simoes said:

A medal for Brazil in gymnastics! I'm SO SO SO SO happy!!!!!

That's a very big surprise Congrats 

• Thanks 1

MHSN    389

Wrestling draws are out. like previous YOG, they use a unique format here. 2 groups of 3 wrestlers and the group winner advances to the final (Runner up for the bronze medal match)

Greco 45kg draw is funny. there are 3 better wrestlers and all of them in the same group (Iran, Bulgaria and Egypt) while we have Turkmenistan, Honduras and Ecuador in other group ! :facepalm:our other Greco wrestler (flagbearer Nosrati) got Russia in first round . but draw looks better in freestyle. both of them are supposed to go to the final. Zare will  be huge favorite for the gold even against Russia. but Karimi will be underdog against Azerbaijan.

thepharoah    344

5 medals for Egypt after 5 days in Weightlifting,  Swimming , Fencing and Taekwondo , the last really upsetted me i was predicting a gold medal today from Abdelrahman khalaf but he lost in quarters ! Maya was destroyed in quarters with Brazil and Eyad despite destroying Greek player in quarters , he looked like amateur in Semis , overall not bad results but we could have won a gold at least by now :( futsal team doing very good which's another highlight of the 1st 5 days 

MHSN    389

where I can find the Olympic channel schedule ? I want to know if there is TV coverage for wrestling or not .I was counting on UWW but it seems unlike all other tournaments UWW won't have a live feed. probably because here the organizer is the IOC.

mrv86    403

No medals today for Mexico, but some good results.

In swimming, we have another finalist (CAC Games Champion in women's 100m butterfly) and two other semifinalists. Plus our competitor in men's 400m finished in provisional 1st place :d

Let's hope tomorrow will see more encouraging results.

intoronto    479
14 minutes ago, MHSN said:

Wrestling draws are out. like previous YOG, they use a unique format here. 2 groups of 3 wrestlers and the group winner advances to the final (Runner up for the bronze medal match)

Greco 45kg draw is funny. there are 3 better wrestlers and all of them in the same group (Iran, Bulgaria and Egypt) while we have Turkmenistan, Honduras and Ecuador in other group ! :facepalm:our other Greco wrestler (flagbearer Nosrati) got Russia in first round . but draw looks better in freestyle. both of them are supposed to go to the final. Zare will  be huge favorite for the gold even against Russia. but Karimi will be underdog against Azerbaijan.

Yea I was surprised at some of the groups. Our only male athlete got Micronesia and Algeria, while the other group has Uzbekistan and Russia!

MHSN    389
20 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Yea I was surprised at some of the groups. Our only male athlete got Micronesia and Algeria, while the other group has Uzbekistan and Russia!

that happens with blind draw without seeding. but at least they are trying to have some kind of seeding for major tournaments (Olympics and World Champs)

according to current UWW rules since 2017 in case of 6 or 7 wrestlers , we will have 2 groups and top 2 advance to the semifinal. but since YOG is a unique competition they just removed that semifinal part.