website statistics

Football European Super League

Federer91

4 hours ago, MHSN said:

it was really "war on football" , and I really wasn't expecting "football" to win the war but wow only 2 days, :yikes: Perez was stupidly confident last night, I would love to see his face now :d

we heard a lot about the English clubs and how their fans reacted to this, they did great. but what about Italian and Spanish football fans ? mostly those 3+3 clubs ? how was the reactions from their hardcore fans ? positive ? negative ? very negative ? very very negative ? :d

Don't know Italy but in Spain from what I saw Real Madrid fans (obviously completely brainwashed) very high support and Barcelona/Atletico surprisingly high as well, think their biggest complain was that Florentino was the president of the league. The average fan of these clubs cares more about which big name players they were going to buy with the new money than about tradition or what happens to other clubs.

Also they absolutely HATE uefa, fifa and even their home league authorities (Tebas and co). More so than fans from any other european country. So that may be contributing to their good support of the super league.

5 hours ago, LDOG said:

Don't know Italy but in Spain from what I saw Real Madrid fans (obviously completely brainwashed) very high support and Barcelona/Atletico surprisingly high as well, think their biggest complain was that Florentino was the president of the league. The average fan of these clubs cares more about which big name players they were going to buy with the new money than about tradition or what happens to other clubs.

Also they absolutely HATE uefa, fifa and even their home league authorities (Tebas and co). More so than fans from any other european country. So that may be contributing to their good support of the super league.

I also found striking that compared to UK press (and obviously that of those countries which had no participating teams like France and Germany) a lot of Spanish press was positive w/ regards to Superliga with the rest kind of neutral.

Is RM and FCB now so broke that they need the money no matter what and parts of the press just puts spin to that or is the media bought and owned by the likes of Perez et al?

This was simply a genius masterplan from Florentino Perez:

1- Convince 11 other rich football teams to sign for some special league;

2- Expect the world to react in fury

3- Wait for those rich clubs to resign by paying some contract-breaking clause fee

4- Use the money to buy Mbappé for Real Madrid!

image.png

16 hours ago, Dragon said:

If only German had to word to descibe "pleasure derived by someone from another person's misfortune"....

Dutch does :p 

Spoiler

Yes I know German does as well, just wanted to create a point for Dutch :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!